Looks Like Savage Buckled To PC

Yes Savage has done away with the Indian as there logo, way to go. Hey just a heads up corporate, you obviously don't know who your demographics are so you might want your marketing dept to brush up a bit, Not impressed in fact very disappointing.

Signed
Your Bread and Butter

PS: Yes I called the logo an Indian, Oh They Humanities.

PPS:The Savage Arms Co. was founded by ARTHUR SAVAGE - In Utica N.Y. in 1892.

[bs2]

Not Chief Lame Deer! [shocked]

http://www.savagearms.com/history/

lamedeer.png

The Native Americans should view this as an insult instead of a PC victory because the logo was gifted to them by their chief:

In 1919, Chief Lame Deer approached Arthur to purchase lever-action rifles for the Indian reservation and the two men struck a deal. The tribe would get discounted rifles and Savage would get their support and endorsement. It was at this time in the company's history, that Arthur Savage added the Indian head logo--a direct gift from the Chief--to the company name

Last edited:
Yes Savage has done away with the Indian as there logo, way to go. Hey just a heads up corporate, you obviously don't know who your demographics are so you might want your marketing dept to brush up a bit, Not impressed in fact very disappointing.

Signed
Your Bread and Butter

PS: Yes I called the logo an Indian, Oh They Humanities.

PPS:The Savage Arms Co. was founded by ARTHUR SAVAGE - In Utica N.Y. in 1892.

[bs2]

****ing cowards

On the plus side.... Ive got a relative who works for Savage who texted me last week that this happened and they were getting rid of all their "Indian head" appeal and gear.

Got me a couple shirts for cheap.

So the same lame ass people that don't want to see the indian head are the same people that are also telling them to stop making guns as well. Let me know how that works out for you.

does this mean we're boycotting savage now, too? [laugh]

There are a lot of good choices out there now, I am not saying I am going to Boycott them. I am just not going to be as loyal I was if at all, and just like anything else there is enough aftermarket support, that one would do just fine if they were so inclined.

Dean

There are a lot of good choices out there now, I am not saying I am going to Boycott them. I am just not going to be as loyal I was if at all, and just like anything else there is enough aftermarket support, that one would do just fine if they were so inclined.

Dean

You truly are loyal to Savage.

Political correctness issues aside, the new logo is just awful. What the hell is it suppose to be?

Edit: I see from facebook that it's suppose to be an "S" though more people see a -3. Response has been universally negative.

Last edited:
Political correctness issues aside, the new logo is just awful. What the hell is it suppose to be?

Edit: I see from facebook that it's suppose to be an "S" though more people see a -3. Response has been universally negative.

They still have the old branding all over their website too. A lot of the links to other areas still have the indian head logo.

Just goes to show little changes like a logo make a big difference. It was probably done for simplicity reasons, it's easy to engrave their new stupid logo or laser etch it rather than the indian head. Either way, stupid move.

The new logo looks like it was designed by a high school football team sitting around a computer and playing with Paint.

The move isn't going to attract any new customers. It's their logo to do with as they please so I frankly don't care. Savage wasn't under pressure from anyone (how many PC people even know about Savage guns?). Funny isn't it that no Indians ever speak out against how a company is named after them, only white people with nothing else to do with their time.

Let the free market decide. If enough people stop buying Savages or complain, it'll change back. If nothing happens or sales improve, then goodbye to a classic gun company logo. Savage is one of very few rifle companies that make centerfire rifles in America by themselves (their .22s are Canadian, eh?). The same can't be said about Winchester and Remington used to sell re-badged Zastavas.

How do we know why they got rid of it? They never changed it before and the particular native they used gave his permission to use his likeness. I'm willing to bet this was just corporate boardroom shenanigans and nothing to do with PC.

I'm sure they are dealing with the PC idiots every day and probably just want them off their backs. I don't think I have ever purchased anything because I liked the logo or didn't purchase because I didn't. While I dont agree with them changing the logo I can understand it.
Companies hate the constant BS they get from these PC groups and generally just want to get rid of them.

How do we know why they got rid of it? They never changed it before and the particular native they used gave his permission to use his likeness. I'm willing to bet this was just corporate boardroom shenanigans and nothing to do with PC.

They haven't always used an Indian as a logo. Savage is named after Arthur Savage, who founded the company. They may be trying to move into more kinds of guns, like ARs and pistols and are trying to dump the "Grandpa's gun" image.

Time and the market will tell.

4237c77f9b265289e921db48d29964cd.jpg

So something more current?

wHinduHolyMan.jpg

May I introduce you to Chief Packsawallop

Last edited:
Savages decision is an insult to native Americans. Clearly the logo was to honor the chief, and it was gifted to Arthur Savage.
I would love to see the descendants of Chief Lame Deer, or his tribe, protest this decision and demand a return to the original logo and to the honor it represented.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom