Looking to qualify for RI permit in SE Mass

Ink

I have at least 3 people including myself who are looking to qualify for RI ccw permit. Anyone in South Eastern MA or in close proximity interested? Or does anyone have any suggestions on where to go or who to see?
Thanks!

I can do it in Hopkinton, but that's a bit out of the way. Contact me if you can't find anyone closer.

I would love to get my RI Non-Res LTC What do we need to get them?

well, for one, hopes that the RI AG's office doesnt just laugh at you and tell you to go away. From a friends experience, they told him they would not issue him one because he didnt nave a good reason for needing it.

I would love to get my RI Non-Res LTC What do we need to get them?

The key is a "good reason". This generally means a specific reason that is not something that anyone could assert simply by writing an essay.

From what I have researched, don't waste your time or money!! Unless you have a honest to goodness reason you will be denied!! I was going to go for it myself, but after asking a said former member / Attorney he said I would likely not get issued a permit. Unless you own a business in RI or own rental property you are pretty much screwed!

From what I have researched, don't waste your time or money!! Unless you have a honest to goodness reason you will be denied!! I was going to go for it myself, but after asking a said former member / Attorney he said I would likely not get issued a permit. Unless you own a business in RI or own rental property you are pretty much screwed!

You realize that things have changed in the last 7 years, right?

Mosby v. Devine

Stop spreading FUD.

Not trying to spread any FUD, just going on what I was told by a attorney that is very familiar with the RI application process. And I just asked him less than a month ago! Again this is for a NON RESIDENT license.

I have at least 3 people including myself who are looking to qualify for RI ccw permit. Anyone in South Eastern MA or in close proximity interested? Or does anyone have any suggestions on where to go or who to see?
Thanks!

I can do it in Riverside, RI during the evening if that works for you.
-Cuz.

my friends informal "denial" was roughly 1.5 years ago....

He didn't contact CRAL? He didn't research Mosby v. Devine?

Not trying to spread any FUD, just going on what I was told by a attorney that is very familiar with the RI application process. And I just asked him less than a month ago! Again this is for a NON RESIDENT license.

Who's the attorney?

Gun Collector is a "good reason" according to the courts.

Yes but a permit that is restricted to C+R purposes isn't much of a permit and while there are no criminal penalties listed in 11.47 regarding restrictions and carrying concealed, You can bet you will never get a renewal if you get jammed up.

Dave

Good think Mr. Dragger and I never consulted with that attorney before we applied for our non-resident licenses or we might have been scared away ).

Good think Mr. Dragger and I never consulted with that attorney before we applied for our non-resident licenses or we might have been scared away ).

I actually did invest in the services of our friend. It made sense at the time. However things are changing in RI and contacts we've made lately are giving us some good information.

I actually did invest in the services of our friend.
Yeah, but our friend is probably not the person who told the earlier poster it was "impossible". Heck, that mutual friend has one :).

Keep in mind, the initial application is a tri-state process:

1. Approval letter in the mail

2. Denial letter, followed by a successful appeal

3. Denial letter, followed by an unsuccessful appeal.

Back
Top Bottom