• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking to have a rifle refinished. Recommendations?

Welder1

NES Member
I have a 1917 Eddystone I’d like to have refinished. Before anyone gets defensive I’ll state that the rifle is already sporterized. My collection is mostly American surplus arms so I’ll be the first to say I’m not a fan of modifying these rifles. This rifle is my wife’s uncles. He has had it for many years. It’s well taken care of but also well used. The bore is clean and lands sharp. The sporterizeing was done very tastefully and appears to possibly have been done commercially. I’ve seen several examples that are similar and I know there were many places that did the conversions in bulk in the 40s-60s. I considered leaving it as is being a believer in wear showing a rifles history but my wife has took an interest in the rifle and likes the idea of refinishing. I know there are many places that specialize in restoring and refinishing older rifles but I’d like to find a place local that I can bring it to and discuss in person my thoughts and plans. I will redo the stock. Id like to hear any thoughts or experiences with local shops. Preferably in western MA. Thanks!

I don’t know anyone in western mass but
Rustblue in natick and Pagney in Taunton both do very good refinishing.

Back
Top Bottom