Looking to getting into competition shooting

I am looking at getting into competition shooting, however right now funds are limited and I have access to a G17L. What are my limitations if I go this route? In my limited research, I have determined that it's a no-go in IDPA, but what about the other types such as 3 gun and the likes?

In USPSA you could shoot the 17L in Limited or Limited 10 division. It's too long to fit in the Production box.

Practice with it over the winter, and when the outdoor falling steel matches start up at Wallum Lake in the spring it will be a great gun to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll be doing indoor steel plate matches at Hopkinton again this winter. Great way to dip your toe in the competition pond. Watch the pistol match announcements.

When are the bowling pin matches at Pine Tree?

Pine tree runs 2nd sunday but not sure if there is a Nov match.

RIMike Check with Ipscdrl or Cuz by PM with what you have for equipment to make sure you can legally drive into Mass with what you have. Anything over 10 rounds is a NO NO unless the mag is prior to 1993.

Pine tree runs 2nd sunday but not sure if there is a Nov match.

RIMike Check with Ipscdrl or Cuz by PM with what you have for equipment to make sure you can legally drive into Mass with what you have. Anything over 10 rounds is a NO NO unless the mag is prior to 1993.

And even then, it's still a grey area as I don't have an non-res LTC or "post ban" configured rifles.

That's why I plan on sticking with matches in RI, NH, VT and ME

And even then, it's still a grey area as I don't have an non-res LTC or "post ban" configured rifles.

That's why I plan on sticking with matches in RI, NH, VT and ME

If the firearm is Mass legal and your going to an established match your fine with everything locked up in the trunk I believe. I'm sure some of our Mass gurus will chime in soon.

If the firearm is Mass legal and your going to an established match your fine with everything locked up in the trunk I believe. I'm sure some of our Mass gurus will chime in soon.

Well, if you believe that the "guida interpretation" is correct, then the nonresident exemptions for handgun competition and the like are all legally invalid and worthless. In reality though most people don't seem to give a shit and fly under the radar.

-Mike

Well my AR has no serial #'s on it because I made it myself so I don't know how they would be about to prove its pre or post ban for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom