• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bridgewater State University Police Association Competition

Not just format but equipment requirements. Will you get a stink eye or non-admission of you bring a 38 Supercomp wide body 1911 with a red dot?

As to format - a primary question is bulleye, PPC or IDPA/IPSC scoring that rewards speed?

Last edited:
Nahh, Springfield prodigy, or a platypus
I have never examined a Platypus, but I have seen a Prodigy detail stripped and compared the parts to the Infinity - no comparison on the quality.

I am definitely biased towards Infinity, but even so, I am certain of the difference I saw.

I suggest contacting Joe Morgan at Outer Limits. He's the one organizing this event. I see that Joe's phone number is on that flier for questions.
Didn’t realize Joe Morgan and Joe Carl was the same person. He goes by Joseph Carl on the MA gun Facebook groups.

"Once registered,.. Shooters will recieve a link for the course of fire,..."

I'm not willing to spend $60 for this info,.. has anyone signed up yet?

You can just contact the guy to get the skinny but it’s a charity match so consider your priorities. If you aren’t interested in the cause it’s probably not worth going/ spending the cash.

I signed up for this... and they make it sound like a USPSA/IDPA type of thing. Especially in the intro email right before you register. It's a whole lot more like the type of stuff we would do in qualifications, which makes sense given the LEO theme. If you do Steel Challenge, it might be more for you. Can't say it's for me.. but I already signed up.

Do you know what the format is?

This is what is it
The Kumite Shooting Challenge | JM Armorer Services and Pistol Instruction | D.B.A. JM Instruction, LLC
I have an event at my club that day, otherwise I'd probably have a go at this

The "instructor standard" times should be reasonably attainable for a proficient IDPA / USPSA weekend worrier. Doing your best at a first and only attempt could make it an interesting match for even seasoned competitors.
The "best time" are quite spicy for duty / carry gear. I'd love to know if Morgan has played any of the shooting sports games, and what his classifications are, if any. If those 'best times' can be hit consistently, that's a IDPA master classification, and also a USPSA master in many of the stand and shoot classifier stages.

The "best time" are quite spicy for duty / carry gear. I'd love to know if Morgan has played any of the shooting sports games, and what his classifications are, if any. If those 'best times' can be hit consistently, that's a IDPA master classification, and also a USPSA master in many of the stand and shoot classifier stages.
I know he shot the 2017 MA State IDPA match because he was a sponsor to the match. I haven’t seen him at a match since then.

This is what is it
The Kumite Shooting Challenge | JM Armorer Services and Pistol Instruction | D.B.A. JM Instruction, LLC
I have an event at my club that day, otherwise I'd probably have a go at this

The "instructor standard" times should be reasonably attainable for a proficient IDPA / USPSA weekend worrier. Doing your best at a first and only attempt could make it an interesting match for even seasoned competitors.
Wish I saw this sooner, I would have answered the questions…

I haven't shot outside of LE stuff much besides some steel challenge, but was a member of the Federal Reserve Police pistol team and did some NRA competitions. The requirements are an a stongside owb holster and a mag pouch, whether or not you use duty gear is up to you. I use a comp tac holster, so its not a retention duty holster. I recently got into IDPA (as in 3 weeks ago) and it is very similar to the NRA Tactical competitions I have done. I practiced the IDPA 5x5 classifier and my scores ranged from 18-23 seconds with a stock service pistol (G45 with ameriglo sights).

Unfortunately the range we are using is limited, so the course of fire is what it is. Everyone gets 2 attemps at each stage, and your best score of each stage is what counts. There is no movement in the course, but it includes reloads, transitions, encourages fast split times, and of course the balance between speed and accuracy. Its for a good cause, to support a former officer (current military) who had his leg amputated as a result of a car crash. My business (Outer Limits) is donating the first place prize for non-LE, and Glock donated the first place prize for LE.

We also have plenty of raffles. Brad Marchand of the Bruins donated 4 game tickets with a meet and greet following the game.

This is just about shooting and raising some money for a good cause.

Back
Top Bottom