• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bridgewater State University Police Association Competition

I did a little bit of this drill today and had the benefit of no consequence for failure.

Drill #1 1.96. I felt my draw was very slow, especially compared to drill #2. My split/trans were at the max, so I need to take the hesitation out of my first shot.

Drill #2 .73 .75 Happy with the out of a non race, no drop OWB holster

Drill #3 1.06, 1.16. I think how you start makes a difference here, tenth or more.

Drill #5 3.10, 3.23 I learned that I can count to 7 really good...but 10 not so good. Wasted a good amount of ammo because I got the dumbs. But it worked out since my 7 shots runs weren't great and I by the time I learn to count to 10, I had unF'ed my grip.

I didn't do drill 4 because I don't like slide lock reloads and I didn't do 6 because I didn't feel like it.

Overall, these were a fun drill.

1911.jpg

I didn't do drill 4 because I don't like slide lock reloads and I didn't do 6 because I didn't feel like it.

I don’t usually practice reloads because the way I grip my gun causes my slide to not lock back on the last round of an empty mag, so I’m always at a disadvantage. I’ll never beat anyone in reloads, I have to focus on improving in other ways if I want to make up the lost points in that category.

I don’t usually practice reloads because the way I grip my gun causes my slide to not lock back on the last round of an empty mag, so I’m always at a disadvantage. I’ll never beat anyone in reloads, I have to focus on improving in other ways if I want to make up the lost points in that category.

I don't mind speed reloads, but as a gamer, I don't like going to slide lock. Which is funny since today I was shooting the only gun that I have that will go to slide lock

Back
Top Bottom