• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for surplus 7.62x39, where?

RK1717

NES Member
I am looking to buy some 7.62x39 Russian surplus. Preferably in a spam can. I can't find it anywhere. I'm in central ma. Anyone have any idea who has any?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

There was an online vendor who had new 2015 production Brown Bear in a sealed spam can w/can opener (700 rounds). They sold out just last week or the week before. Ya I'm not much help I know, I just thought I'd mention it since I've never seen spam cans of Brown Bear x39 ammo before.

Hopefully someone else has a lead for ya.

Last edited:
There was an online vendor who had new 2015 production Brown Bear in a sealed spam can w/can opener (700 rounds) for $172 plus shipping. They sold out just last week or the week before. Ya I'm not much help I know, I just thought I'd mention it since I've never seen spam cans of Brown Bear x39 ammo before.

Hopefully someone else has a lead for ya.
I'm in MA so shipping is probably out of the question (never reveal the info) but a store would be best. I agreed to take my sister to the range and I'm really low on 7.62x39.

I'm in MA so shipping is probably out of the question (never reveal the info) but a store would be best. I agreed to take my sister to the range and I'm really low on 7.62x39.

I don't live in central mass but I'd assume any shop will have x39 ammo in stock. That stuff is plentiful these days. Have you called any of your local shops? Local Walmart should have Tula in stock I'd guess.

I can't help you with central mass, outback in arms in plympton had several spam cans of various ammo
I don't look at prices anymore so no help there. Last surplus I bought was yugo brass cased x39.
It's corrosive but shoot darn good.

only spam can I see locally is of 7.62x39 is wolf which is not surplus, surplus is going to be corrosive btw. you dont need a spam can just store it properly.

ZQI does not make 7.62x39 to my knowledge I have only seen Nato calibers.

just buy golden tiger, its new manufacture but all sealed up like the surplus stuff.

Lunenburg Wal-Mart has Tula for 5.50 a box. Every time I go there x39 Tula is plentiful. Matter of fact the ammo cabinet is packed to capacity with every over priced caliber you can think of save 22lr. The only affordable stuff is the steel or aluminum. All the brass is way high. Federal 50r 9mm is 15 up from 10 pre-NT. Even the steel 9mm is around 11 a box.

Next time I go I'll take a photo as the cabinet is so jammed it makes me jealous! The ammo is so over priced no ones buying it. 100 round Federal .223 is 40 bucks up from 30 before NT. It did go down to 35 for a week or two but went back up quick. I check the stock every time I go in there and it looks like nothing was sold all week other than all the 22lr that came in. I think the clerk calls his buddies 10 minutes before he stocks the shelve and it's all bought up in seconds?

Back
Top Bottom