• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for opinions

I'm looking to get a sub compact 45. I came across one that looks pretty sweet but have no knowledge of the brand. Wondering if anyone has any experience with Girsan? To be specific, the

Girsan MC1911 SC Ultimate 45 ACP 3.40​

Interesting looking 1911 clone. No barrel bushing? I'd be weary of sub 4" 1911s, they're not really known for their reliability.
Thank you for the input! I've had full sized 1911's before but as life changes I need the sub compact. Compact at the least. Any suggestions for an all metal framed 1911 that is fairly concealable (not full size?)

Are you married to the 1911 platform?

As mentioned the sub models arent reliable thats why you dont see a lot of companies make them.

I kinda am yes. I thoroughly enjoy the all metal frame and have not seen too many other easily concealable metal frame 45's. I should also mention it is my favorite platform, have owned a few of the 5 inch, and currently have the Springfield Arms 911 (the .380 version of the 1911). Just my favorite so far.

Thank you for the input! I've had full sized 1911's before but as life changes I need the sub compact. Compact at the least. Any suggestions for an all metal framed 1911 that is fairly concealable (not full size?)

I have a kimber ageis in 9mm that's awesome to shoot. whats your issue with concealing a 1911? is it the weight? there's scandium 1911s from Smith, and a good belt and holster goes a long way. I'm 6' and 165 and can conceal a full sized pistol like a P226 or Glock 17 under a jacket no problem.

I have a kimber ageis in 9mm that's awesome to shoot. whats your issue with concealing a 1911? is it the weight? there's scandium 1911s from Smith, and a good belt and holster goes a long way. I'm 6' and 165 and can conceal a full sized pistol like a P226 or Glock 17 under a jacket no problem.
My main concern is that I carry when hiking, but often times hike with just boots, shorts, shirt (no jacket), full size is not an easy conceal for me. Also yes, the weight.

When hiking, even a chapstick is bulky. :)

The Sig 938 is styled after a 1911 kinda. Doesn't someone make an "EMP" or something like that?

Good luck.

I’m not a hiker so take my suggestion with a grain of salt…

How many people do you encounter hiking? Couldn’t you just get a OWB holster that sits higher up and cover it with a t shirt?

The new Colt Lightweight Commanders are really nice if you can find one.

Back
Top Bottom