• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for NH Gun Range / Club

Hi guys, I just moved to Nashua NH from MA so I could get away from the MA anti-gun atmosphere and I am loving NH. I am an Armored Truck Guard and am looking for a good pistol / rifle range in the area that fits my needs. Due to my employment, I am more self defence oriented than just target shooting oriented. I would like to be able to practice at 21 feet at the least. I looked at the Nashua F&G and Pelham F&G websites, but there pistol ranges are 50 feet or more and seem to be more for just the casual target shooter. I might just go to the Manchester Firing Line to shoot my pistols, but I would really like to join a club. Does anyone have any suggestions for gun ranges or clubs in the area. Thanks

Last edited:
Go back to Pelham F&G and check out the action ranges not the pistol range: 25yd pits that you can do your own thing in as far as self-defense exercises go - setup targets how you want, whatever distance you want etc.

I haven't been much recently due to work but when I went more regularly I always had a pit to myself mid-week (they are probably busier on weekends).

Here's a summary of the action range rules:

The Action Range shall be used for the primary purpose of practicing Class III Shooting and Action shooting.

Use extreme caution in the placement and use of any target or frame to avoid potential ricochet hazards.

All targets must be placed within three (3) feet of the base of the back berms and must be no higher that the shooter’s eye level for the position they are shooting.

Drawing from a holster is specifically allowed.

When two or more shooters use the same bay, they must utilize a common firing line.

All informal shooting outside of scheduled events shall be done in compliance with the applicable items of these safety rules.

Firing is only allowed at approved targets. Approved targets include:
• All paper targets
• Non-metallic targets, to include by not limited to: plastic soda bottles, milk cartons, paper plates, plastic silhouette targets
• Metallic targets (approved silhouette-type targets and swingers only)

Fruits, vegetables, glass and exploding targets are explicitly forbidden.

Fully-automatic shooting is specifically allowed on the Action Ranges and shall be used no further than 25 yards from the backstop.

All Action Range users are responsible for picking up brass (reloadable or not) when firing has completed. All debris from targets, ammo boxes, etc. must be cleaned and disposed of in the receptacles provided upon leaving the range. This includes all shrapnel.

All club target frames must be returned to their proper location when no longer in use.

+1 for Pelham Fish & Game for their action ranges. there are four separate ranges (or pits). Two are 50 yards and two are 25 yards. You can do pretty much anything you want on the action range and no one will bother you. I've shot at the utility range (25yd/ 50yd/ 100yd) at Pelham a few times, but I sometimes get dirty looks from the older fudds when they see all of my black guns and my silhouette targets, so I try to stick to the action ranges.

The only time the action ranges are busy is when there is a scheduled event utilizing the action ranges. Otherwise, there is always at least one pit free to use (even on weekends). You can check the events schedule right on the front page of http://pelhamfishandgame.com/ to see if the action ranges are being utilized for an event before you make the drive over.

Last edited:
If I was in NH, I'd be joining Pelham. NFGA used to have an IDPA group, but they all decamped to Pelham after a political squabble. It is my impression that NFGA is not the place to go if you want to practice defensive shooting.

If I was in NH, I'd be joining Pelham. NFGA used to have an IDPA group, but they all decamped to Pelham after a political squabble. It is my impression that NFGA is not the place to go if you want to shoot anything other than Hi-Power.
Fixed it for you.

Hi guys, I just moved to Nashua NH from MA so I could get away from the MA anti-gun atmosphere and I am loving NH. I am an Armored Truck Guard and am looking for a good pistol / rifle range in the area that fits my needs. Due to my employment, I am more self defence oriented than just target shooting oriented. I would like to be able to practice at 21 feet at the least. I looked at the Nashua F&G and Pelham F&G websites, but there pistol ranges are 50 feet or more and seem to be more for just the casual target shooter. I might just go to the Manchester Firing Line to shoot my pistols, but I would really like to join a club. Does anyone have any suggestions for gun ranges or clubs in the area. Thanks

Your back 40 works :) Well my front 4.... I need to walk it and find a place I can shoot one of these days.... too many things to do during the first week :)

Your back 40 works :) Well my front 4.... I need to walk it and find a place I can shoot one of these days.... too many things to do during the first week :)

Feels good to be in a free state, doesn't it? [banana]

I'd say Pelham, too. As mentioned above, the group of tactical shooters from NFGA pretty much moved over to PF&G. They're a great bunch, the tactical dudes. If you want to train for defensive shooting, participate in their matches and practices.

Thanks for all the info. I am loving living in a free state so far. I can finally buy some of the firearms I've always wanted but couldn't because of stupid MA gun laws. Better yet, I can un wimpify my AR15 (stupid MA AWB). It seems like Pelham F&G is definitely the way to go. I didn't know about there action ranges. The action range definitely sounds much better than the ranges I would go to in MA.

It ain't free based on my taxes......

Maybe not, but it's damn close.

Taxes.jpg

Not based on my real estate taxes. They have jumped 29 percent over the past five years. Registering my car cost $515.00. While they don't have a income tax, they do have a Dividend tax. No sales tax is nice but even back in NJ there was no sales tax on food, clothing and some other items. Costs have gone up greatly in the last five years, at least in the southern end of the state.

Not based on my real estate taxes.

Real estate taxes are no bargain here in MA. I do, however, understand why the Mrs. and I pay $8000 per year on real estate taxes, seeing that Chateau M1911 is quite the mansion: 1500 sq. ft., 3 bedroom ranch, built (poorly) in the '50s, needs a new kitchen, and is on a cut-through street. We're living in the lap of luxury[rolleyes]

Not based on my real estate taxes. They have jumped 29 percent over the past five years. Registering my car cost $515.00. While they don't have a income tax, they do have a Dividend tax. No sales tax is nice but even back in NJ there was no sales tax on food, clothing and some other items. Costs have gone up greatly in the last five years, at least in the southern end of the state.

I'm sure you know, but you guys have to hold your city/town accountable for the increases. If they get away with 10% here and 9% there, they will continue to push. Small government will only stay small if you keep it in check. I know Im preaching to the choir here but it is what is is.

All taxes, including property taxes and dividend taxes, are taken into account in the "total tax burden" cited by CNN/Money above. Noboby said there are no taxes. [rolleyes]

Even taking into all that, the total tax you pay each year is still less then 48 other states.

My sainted Grandmother used to say, "Some people would bitch about a free blow job." I guess she was right.

I have to say that my town isn't one to spend without regard to the costs. The fact that the town has grown greatly in the last five years required a big addition to the high school. But we have some decent sized commercial projects that opened in the last two years or so that should have brunted the cost somewhat. The bottom line is that the cost of living up here and back in NJ isn't that much different. However the benefits of living up here make up for it.

Back
Top Bottom