Looking for moderator...

mcimma

NES Member
Can whichever moderator closed my for sale threads please contact me so I can rectify this...If im correct, I think the only violation was that I forgot to put down my location. I didnt think this warranted a closure....

If you're looking for WTS/WTT, please cut and paste the following and fill in the info:

Description :

Accessories :

Selling Terms :

Price :

Contact Information:

Pictures:

***Don't forget to add WTS or WTT to your title!***

Also remember to put in the laws statement "I will comply with all Federal and State Laws. If the firearm is to be shipped, you must provide me with a signed copy of your dealer's FFL (or your 03FFL if this is a Curio and Relic). For private party face-to-face transactions (only permitted by Fed law when both buyer and seller live in same state), I will meet all applicable state and federal laws.
"

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks, it does help, but I would like my originals back so I dont have to redo the whole thing...

Thanks, it does help, but I would like my originals back so I dont have to redo the whole thing...

I'm sure the mods would prefer not to have to constantly correct people for not posting correctly, but hey... they have all the time in the world, and you're busy right? [thinking]

i didnt copy and paste it like i shouldve...that why i want it back, easier to make a small correction...

I'm sure the mods would prefer not to have to constantly correct people for not posting correctly, but hey... they have all the time in the world, and you're busy right? [thinking]

It would seem the "Mods" spend to much time looking through classifieds to see if a few basic easily findable rules are followed,posting the needed correction,waiting for the OP to make it, and going back to check it and see that it's done, (frequently not) they have decided on a new approach. It seems to be working, is much faster for them and is unclogging the classified section. I applaud the new approach. I think any individuals time spent redoing their add will help them learn what is required and allows a moderator to do more important things.

Yes, we close the ad and DELETE the whole body of the ad, so yes you are going to have to read the rules and post ALL the required info.
This new approach has helped and we are finding less ads to delete.[wink]

It would seem the "Mods" spend to much time looking through classifieds to see if a few basic easily findable rules are followed,posting the needed correction,waiting for the OP to make it, and going back to check it and see that it's done, (frequently not) they have decided on a new approach. It seems to be working, is much faster for them and is unclogging the classified section. I applaud the new approach. I think any individuals time spent redoing their add will help them learn what is required and allows a moderator to do more important things.

We need to come up with prizes guys to hand out for posts like this one. [smile][wink] [laugh]

The advantages of being an Admin instead of a Mod. You can mess with anything and everything when you get a real screwball.

(Yes, I'm an Admin on a certain forum.)

Lynne, That's what I get for not reading ALL of his post. [thinking]

Reverse that . . . use the dunce-cap on those that can't follow the rules. Might just work?

Len, unfortunately most of those who post incorrectly are 'fly bys', just using the forum as a free classified website. They typically have low single or double digit post counts and contribute nothing but ads....and headaches for mods.

Mods can add/change avatars even for non paid members, but it's more work than it's worth. We're looking to make things easier for us!

I do like the idea though !!!

Now we need to get violators to stop PM'ing us "What did I do wrong?" If they read the rules, they'd know.

Last edited:
Len, any thoughts on the above modification? [smile]

Guilty as charged! [wink]

Len, unfortunately most of those who post incorrectly are 'fly bys', just using the forum as a free classified website. They typically have low single or double digit post counts and contribute nothing but ads....and headaches for mods.

Mods can add/change avatars even for non paid members, but it's more work than it's worth. We're looking to make things easier for us!

I do like the idea though !!!

Now we need to get violators to stop PM'ing us "What did I do wrong?" If they read the rules, they'd know.

Tell me something I don't know. [laugh]

Enjoy the job. [wink]

Playing devil's advocate here, why not just post a link to the rules when you edit for not following the rules?

Get them to actually read the rules, or have no excuse for not having done so.

Actually it has made a difference locking the thread, and deleting the ad. We put rules violation where their ad was, and I always put read and heed the rules and post all required info. Seems to work so far.[wink]

Back
Top Bottom