Local "youth" shot on Worcester State Campus.

Lol nope living there for like 8 years i don't know shit i guess

Worcesters slogan is like hey... at least we aren't Springfield.
Living here my whole life anything west of Worcester, like Springfield, is irrelevant and never compared. But when someone writes,”its pretty much a shit hole every where“ then that deserves a response.

Living here my whole life anything west of Worcester, like Springfield, is irrelevant and never compared. But when someone writes,”its pretty much a shit hole every where“ then that deserves a response.
It is lol

Know where i haven't gone back to since i moved away... Worcester

My in laws live in shrewsbury

I lived next to wstate... next to clark... next to Walmart off 146

Went out all the time in worcester... worked hundreds of service calls in the area.

Sorry if calling a shit city a shit city offends you.

I know there are several areas that aren't bad.

But by and large its not a good place to be.

I also can't fathom being upset at someone calling where i grew up shit... i grew up in a trash town on the south shore... i accept it Worcester was a step up over it... that doesn't mean Worcester isnt shit.

I also can't fathom being upset at someone calling where i grew up shit...
It's the same type of person who takes it personally if you say something bad about their sports team. They look at it as an identity, just like someone who looks at religion as their identity or their profession as their identity. Or any number of things, like people who identify as a gun owner then tell them their choice of a carry weapon sucks, they get all bent out of shape.. I am very glad I don't have that type of personality because it has to be rough defending inanimate objects, places and things all the time.

It's the same type of person who takes it personally if you say something bad about their sports team. They look at it as an identity, just like someone who looks at religion as their identity or their profession as their identity. Or any number of things, like people who identify as a gun owner then tell them their choice of a carry weapon sucks, they get all bent out of shape.. I am very glad I don't have that type of personality because it has to be rough defending inanimate objects, places and things all the time.
Nothing stupider than grown men getting into it over pro sports. Every once in a while you hear about someone getting killed because they're fans of another team. Imagine losing your life or spending the rest of it in prison over a group of spoiled man-children who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire and the team they belong to that is owned by globohomo scum who literally want you broke, humiliated and dead

I got into a fight one time over it lol.

I was at a buddies wedding in Plymouth and we're at some campground...these dudes pulled up in a boat and i guess they do this to scam on drunk wedding girls...not a bad hussle

So we're on this boat in a lake and one of the dudes starts talking to me... and eventually hes like I'm from quincy...and i snort and say I'm sorry.

Well he got very uppity and in my face...and i let him for a bit while apologizing because i was definitely being a dick...

Then I'm literally as far back as i can be layed out over my wife and hes still making it an issue. And im like ok bud you've hit the point where i stopped feeling bad get the f*** out of my face before i remove you. So he headbutts me just a bit to test me

Test failed i snatched him by the collar threw him on a table tagged him twice in the face.

His buddy is like well shit we gotta go...turns the boat back

And this guy is mouthy the whole rest of the ride...until again i said something to the affect of dude i just f***ed you up sitting down next time I'll stand up and beat you half to death if you dont quit running your mouth..

Then he was magically quiet for the rest of the ride

And that kids is how i beat up a wedding crasher on a boat

It’s a great area if you want to be kidnapped and forced to drive to several ATMs to clean out your accounts.

I loved Worcester State when I was as there, but that area is sketchy.
The area is not sketchy. It's certainly not as good as it was when the underclass stayed to the east of Park Avenue, but the neighborhood around Worcester State is better than most in the city.

But, even the high-end, neighborhood around Salisbury Street has had underclass moving in, and causing problems. Andrea and Maura are working overtime to take the problems in the city, and spread them out to the burbs.

My last job took me to every inner city dump in this state and a few beyond. I’ve seen them all along with a few hidden gems that I had no idea even existed at the time. Out of all of them the one that skeeved me out the most was the homeless shelter in downtown Worcester. I’d rather walk through Dudley Square with a hundo hanging out of my pocket than go back to that place.
Which shelter? They closed down the PIP shelter. Not sure where they moved them to.

Which shelter? They closed down the PIP shelter. Not sure where they moved them to.
This was years ago. Pip does ring a bell. It was downtown not too far from the Centrum. Not sure if it’s even called that anymore. All I remember the last time I went there some homeless guy was passed out on the sidewalk. I swear I thought he was dead. He had puked all over the ground next to himself and a pigeon was eating the puke. That was it for me.

Not an active shooter. Dumb wannabe gangsters doing wannabe gangster stuff.

Also Worcester sucks. IDC if there worse places. Doesn’t make it nice.

Also mouth breathers recording it. OMG they are trying to murder each other… should we like call the cops or keep recording.

This was years ago. It was downtown not too far from the Centrum. Not sure if it’s even called that anymore. All I remember the last time I went there some homeless guy was passed out on the sidewalk. I swear I thought he was dead. He had puked all over the ground next to himself and a pigeon was eating the puke. That was it for me.
The PIP shelter was in Main South, and the neighborhood was furious over the mayhem it caused.

Not an active shooter. Dumb wannabe gangsters doing wannabe gangster stuff.

Also Worcester sucks. IDC if there worse places. Doesn’t make it nice.

Also mouth breathers recording it. OMG they are trying to murder each other… should we like call the cops or keep recording.
What's scary is the quality of the students doing the taping from the dorm room.

In the context of the recent Maine events this just adds to their narrative for more restrictions of rights in MA.

However, if this had happened in Chicago it wouldn't even be on the radar.
Carrying a gun on campus without permission. Illegal.
Provoking a fight that results in you shooting someone. Illegal.
Shooting another person over a fist fight. Illegal.
Carrying a gun without a permit. Illegal.

And our politicians get away with claiming that the solution is more laws that the average criminal will ignore.

You really don’t know Worcester…..
I talked to a couple of different, Worcester street cops, and asked them if the city was safe. All of them said the same thing.

If you are out prior to 10 PM, mind your own business, are not messing in the drug world, and don't cause trouble, you won't have any issues in any neighborhood in the city.

If you violate any of those stipulations, trouble will find you.

Other than hoodrats being hoodrats, does anyone know what was actually happening and who shot who?

There was another shooting early this morning there. 5 or 6 shots around 2am 'in the vicinity of' WSU.
Who knows if it's related or just another Sunday morning.

Carrying a gun on campus without permission. Illegal.
Provoking a fight that results in you shooting someone. Illegal.
Shooting another person over a fist fight. Illegal.
Carrying a gun without a permit. Illegal.

And our politicians get away with claiming that the solution is more laws that the average criminal will ignore.
What kinda gangster isnt using a Glock switch?!?!! I’m disappointed.

It is lol

Know where i haven't gone back to since i moved away... Worcester

My in laws live in shrewsbury

I lived next to wstate... next to clark... next to Walmart off 146

Went out all the time in worcester... worked hundreds of service calls in the area.

Sorry if calling a shit city a shit city offends you.

I know there are several areas that aren't bad.

But by and large its not a good place to be.

I also can't fathom being upset at someone calling where i grew up shit... i grew up in a trash town on the south shore... i accept it Worcester was a step up over it... that doesn't mean Worcester isnt shit.
I hear you... I came very VERY close to going to WPI, and one visit was all it took for me to decide to nope out and go to a state school in Florida instead. As a 17yo highschool freshman, got to fly up and get a tour of campus. (had to get an exemption since I wasn't 18 and parents couldn't come along) Parking and room and board would have crushed me. And the streets... was like an alien world.

Now, I'd do it in a heart beat. (But would likely be EDCing the whole time and have a plate in my backpack.)

I talked to a couple of different, Worcester street cops, and asked them if the city was safe. All of them said the same thing.

If you are out prior to 10 PM, mind your own business, are not messing in the drug world, and don't cause trouble, you won't have any issues in any neighborhood in the city.

If you violate any of those stipulations, trouble will find you.
Isn’t that applicable in a lot of communities….

Back
Top Bottom