Local Police to use FRB lists to arrest gun owners?

Someone in another thread called AGO and asked about the "grandfathering" and possession to and from range. Was told to call every chief and DA on the way and find out if they would be arrested, prosecuted, and have property confiscated.

Edict was only that AG wouldnt file charges.

I cant tell you how you should go to the range. But the time for lawyers and courts is over if they are taking rifles from people.

I'm the one that called the AG's office yesterday morning and that is precisely the information I was given...........................call the DA and the various town PD's that I might drive through.

This latest ban, or whatever you want to call it, is the act of a single woman driven by political ambition, operating at the fringe of her authority. One person. The solution is to make this personal, but to be successful it would help greatly to have the legislature, law enforcement, the governor and whatever other "official" support we can pull together. She's isolated herself in this fight - with enough pressure applied by the right forces, in the right places, we might be able to fix this.

I'm the one that called the AG's office yesterday morning and that is precisely the information I was given...........................call the DA and the various town PD's that I might drive through.

Call the DA and all the local cops to find out if they're going to decide to charge you with a felony on a whim? Holy ****ing shit. This just keeps getting worse.

Call the DA and all the local cops to find out if they're going to decide to charge you with a felony on a whim? Holy ****ing shit. This just keeps getting worse.

They won't necessarily have to charge you with anything. Mere confiscation alone could be quite problematic.

And if they start doing this, you will know in advance unless you are among the unlucky first group of roundups. We won't wake up one day and discover several hundred thousand MA residents are suddenly in jail. After the first day of the big roundup, grab all your guns and drive them up to NH.
No, we need to drive them up to the STATE HOUSE, loaded for bear, as a group if the raids begin.

[FONT=&quot]The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson[/FONT]

Of course they'd say this, it's part of the fear campaign. Just go about your business, people, if they start arresting people then we'll have a much meatier discussion here.

Exactly. Cop could say "well, it's a felony for you to own this. I'm taking it. Consider yourself lucky." You would never see the gun again.

You might see it again. With a VERY SMALL minority of police you might see them using it at the range. 99% of cops are good people, I was one so I know, but the 1%, why do things disappear from evidence rooms and lockups?

They won't necessarily have to charge you with anything. Mere confiscation alone could be quite problematic.

Mere confiscation? Wait til that hits the national news - yeah I know, not CNN, but once word gets out it'll be a shitstorm. AG doesn't want this, it's too much attention for one rifle, thus the fear campaign.

No, we need to drive them up to the STATE HOUSE, loaded for bear, as a group if the raids begin.

[FONT=&amp]The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson[/FONT]

It's not going to happen.

What is more likely to happen is that people will start getting picked off by the police. Then people will start to grumble a little more. Then a few more will get picked off.

Then some guy, probably a veteran who was trained to kill and then came home to be told he couldn't be trusted with a gun, is going to go full retard and see if he can break the 5 cop dead Dallas record

There are two important elements to remember here: We're pissed because we are law abiding so we're not going to shoot until very late in the game, and I forgot the second element because I'm getting old.

I base my opinion that it's more likely to be a veteran on the fact that Dallas and Baton Rouge were veterans.

Oh, the second element, (I just remembered,) was that firing on the government is essentially a suicide mission and is on few people's bucket list.

Mere confiscation? Wait til that hits the national news - yeah I know, not CNN, but once word gets out it'll be a shitstorm. AG doesn't want this, it's too much attention for one rifle, thus the fear campaign.

You think they are going to go house to house? Of course not. They are going to hang you up when your significant other accuses you of abuse, they are going to hang you up when you do something wrong and the media will attack YOU not the AG.

[FONT=&quot]A San Francisco police officer was arrested after an investigation revealed he manufactured and possessed a prohibited AR-15 style assault rifle, police said Tuesday. Thomas Abrahamsen, 50, of Berkeley was booked on suspicion of manufacturing an assault weapon and possessing an assault weapon, both felonies. An investigation into Abrahamsen began in the summer of 2015 after other members of the department tipped off officials. The probe found the officer manufactured and owned a prohibited assault rifle along with AR-15 receiver components, police said. Abrahamsen, an 18-year-veteran, surrendered Tuesday, authorities said. He was on unpaid administrative leave, police said[/FONT]

Wouldn't a warrant be needed to check the firearms serial number?

Dean

Nope, if they can see it they can run it. Also 90% of people will open their trunks, allow them to do as they please searching their homes/cars/gun cases/etc. "voluntarily"

[FONT=&quot]A San Francisco police officer was arrested after an investigation revealed he manufactured and possessed a prohibited AR-15 style assault rifle, police said Tuesday. Thomas Abrahamsen, 50, of Berkeley was booked on suspicion of manufacturing an assault weapon and possessing an assault weapon, both felonies. An investigation into Abrahamsen began in the summer of 2015 after other members of the department tipped off officials. The probe found the officer manufactured and owned a prohibited assault rifle along with AR-15 receiver components, police said. Abrahamsen, an 18-year-veteran, surrendered Tuesday, authorities said. He was on unpaid administrative leave, police said[/FONT]
Jesus. I'm not a fan of cops, but that really sucks. Nobody should be treated like that.

Nope, if they can see it they can run it. Also 90% of people will open their trunks, allow them to do as they please searching their homes/cars/gun cases/etc. "voluntarily"

And leaving a range could be twisted into probable cause. They don't need to confiscate, they just want these rifles turned into permanent safe queens.

probably some law about hiding the serial number too that would make you and automatic felon.
I seem to recall something like that. Some company sold side saddle shell holders for 870's and a few people had cops freak out on them because the SN on the receiver was covered.

I seem to recall something like that. Some company sold side saddle shell holders for 870's and a few people had cops freak out on them because the SN on the receiver was covered.

Well I'm sure it happened. But my Wife's S&W 64-3 came with Hogue grips on it and you have to remove said grips to see the S/N that is on the steel butt of the gun. Not exactly convenient. However for the nosy cop, open the crane and let them use the assembly numbers (these are NOT S/Ns) to shut them up! [rofl]

Well I'm sure it happened. But my Wife's S&W 64-3 came with Hogue grips on it and you have to remove said grips to see the S/N that is on the steel butt of the gun. Not exactly convenient. However for the nosy cop, open the crane and let them use the assembly numbers (these are NOT S/Ns) to shut them up! [rofl]
Indeed. I think the issue was that the receiver serial # was the only visible "serial like" number on the firearm. I honestly don't know. I haven't even looked at a shotgun in quite a while...lol.

Im pretty sure that's a 5th amendment violation. I would have told them to give the same advice to the local street thugs.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Can anyone come up with an incident when a cop risked his or her job and pension by defying an order that they felt violated a citizens constitutional rights? I keep hearing that good cops will stand with us. Please tell me about a time where that has happened. I am more than willing to listen but I fear that there isn't much to back up that viewpoint.

https://news.vice.com/article/buffa...ervenes-with-fellow-officer-choking-a-suspect

"In Buffalo, New York a former police officer is fighting for her pension after being fired from the city's police department for interfering with another officer she claims was abusing an arrested suspect."

Yup the military was used to disarm law abiding citizens. There was an old lady with a revolver that was beat up by the police. If they do this to an old woman what will they do to you and your family?

Damn... I know a lot about what went down in NO during and after Katrina, but there is some shocking sh!t in this video.

edit- I can check to verify whether or not the St. Tammany Sheriff was confiscating- I have LEO family & friends in the area. They were good guys & actually recommended that people be prepared to defend themselves with arms. The ones I know are pro 2A, but I wouldn't associate with a-holes anyway. I guess I should not be surprised about it, but like the lady mentioned towards the end of the video, there were so many problems with the thugs gone wild that I can't imagine anyone had time to F with everyday citizens. If it's bad enough to hire Blackwater Security, why were they trying to boot people out of their homes?

Before moving to Mass, I followed NES to ensure that I would be in full compliance of the draconian gun laws here. Once here, I have carefully followed the law to a 'T', even erring on the conservative side regarding storage, transportation, etc. How am I supposed to react to a rogue AG that arbitrarily made my neutered competition rifles a felony to have? I sure as hell won't be turning them in no matter what happens. All it takes is one bad cop who wants to make a name for him/herself and we could have the Katrina situation right here in the cradle of liberty.

Last edited by a moderator:

What the flying eff???? I don't think Baker is getting re-elected. He was in on it.

[FONT=&quot]“Our office consulted with the administration, with the Executive Office of Public Safety and others on this,” Healey said. “That’s why I was surprised to receive the letter from the administration. We stand ready to work with the administration on this issue.”[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom