Local Gunsmith for Remington 700 custom work.

rkwjunior

NES Member
Anyone know of a local Smith that does custom work on Rem 700's and or custom bolt rifles?

I'm Looking for either a full custom action and barrel or have my Remmy 700 trued and re-barreled.

I'm on the south shore, but they don't have to be my next door neighbor.

Reach out to Tim at Gartman Arms. He may be able to help or point you in the right direction if that's not on his wheelhouse.

Last edited:
[popcorn]

would like an idea of what kind of quotes you get. PM or post, please.

What parts are you planning on supplying vs. having the smith supply?

What condition is the base rifle/action?

What "upgrades" are you doing?

Are you planning on doing Anything DIY?

[popcorn]

would like an idea of what kind of quotes you get. PM or post, please.

What parts are you planning on supplying vs. having the smith supply?

What condition is the base rifle/action?

What "upgrades" are you doing?

Are you planning on doing Anything DIY?

I have a stock already. All i would do is send out the barreled action, have the action trued and a new barrel fitted. U cannot use the stock barrel on a trued Action, the tolerances would be to loose for the old barrel.

My other option is to get a new custom action and a new barrel fitted. I have an Bartlein m24 barrel blank that would have to be fitted to the action and have the muzzle threaded.
Im not sure it matters about the condition before they are trued, but mine only has about 200 rounds through it.

If i decide to have the action trued id also have the bolt fluted plus the new barrel fitted, and maybe fluted also. I'm also considering a Stiller Tac 30 action fitted to my provided barrel.

Nothing i would do would be DIY, just putting the barreled action in my MBA stock when it returns. I'm gonna wait on having it bedded until funds allow me to.

Back
Top Bottom