loaded firearm storage

During my MA class we were told we're only allowed one firearm to be stored locked and loaded in MA...?

Did he tell you that you could only do that with a single bullet too? [rofl]

The sad thing is that many/most instructors are just as incompetent wrt MA gun laws!

In the same genre I was told this weekend that Massachusetts guns are not allowed to have safeties on them.....I tried to correct them but I have a feeling it didn't work. I almost "wiped mine out" but it was a kids birthday party and I know the homeowner isn't an anti but would not be comfortable with me being armed then and there

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

One could write a book with just the false BS about MA gun laws that have been spewed by gun owners, instructors, dealers, law enforcement and pro-gun orgs!

And these are the people on our side!!! [shocked] [rolleyes]

Did he tell you that you could only do that with a single bullet too? [rofl]

The sad thing is that many/most instructors are just as incompetent wrt MA gun laws!

It's frustrating! I'm comfortable with the safe handling and use of firearms, but took the course because it's required and also to learn more about MA-specific laws.

It's frustrating! I'm comfortable with the safe handling and use of firearms, but took the course because it's required and also to learn more about MA-specific laws.

Yup, that is why I created a comprehensive seminar to cover the accurate gun law info.

Yup, that is why I created a comprehensive seminar to cover the accurate gun law info.

Someday, I may take your course. Because if you have managed to distill the steaming pile of horseshit that is Mass gun law, if you've managed to resolve all the contradictions, if you've managed to make it comprehensible to us non lawyer types, or even the lawyer types, who also can never agree, then you my friend, have more wisdom than King Soloman ever had.

Someday, I may take your course. Because if you have managed to distill the steaming pile of horseshit that is Mass gun law, if you've managed to resolve all the contradictions, if you've managed to make it comprehensible to us non lawyer types, or even the lawyer types, who also can never agree, then you my friend, have more wisdom than King Soloman ever had.

Now, let's not expect the impossible from anyone! [wink] I am still just a mere mortal.

I do point out a number of law contradictions and "gray" areas. Everyone that has taken it has said that they have learned a lot, even the few lawyers and police officers who have taken it. IANAL and present it specifically for non-lawyers in lay language.

Ok thanks for all your answers now I can breathe a little easier without the worry of unknowingly breaking the law.

I have two or three of my regular carry guns, loaded, in my nightstand. The VZ58 is in the unlocked gun cabinet with two 30 round mags loaded and a 5 round mag, loaded, on top of the cabinet. And I think one of the 22s is near the door overlooking the chicken coop so we can discourage any nighttime visitors.

Oh... right. I'm not in Marxachusetts any more. (at least, when I'm home). When I'm staying in MA, however... locked in a case and loaded if I'm not carrying.

Back
Top Bottom