LL Bean Shotgun Sports Essentials

v13

Wow what a day.

I just got home from my birthday present (even thought my real bday isn't until tomorrow). My present was for my dad and I to do the 1/2 day Shotgun Sports Essentials class. The facilities, instruction, and equipment were all top notch. One of our instructors was a former Maine State Champion and an excellent instructor. We had our choice from a wide variety of different shotguns mostly Browning citori and cynergy series. We started off with some basic class room, safety instruction and then got right to the mechanics and shooting. Everyone in the class was breaking clay right away and had tons of fun. We finished up with with a little friendly 5 stand competition with the winner receiving a very nice leather hull bag. We still had a little time left over so our instructors let us each have a box of shells for a flurry grand finale. Such a great day. I think it's time to start saving up for nice entry level over under.

Half day is $95. full day is $245. The instructors mentioned they do special events as well including corporate functions and last year a wedding party.

Last edited:
Yea definitely not MA. :) The outdoors school is just down the street from the main LL Bean store. They also teach archery, and fly fishing there.

The wedding joke was made and a few about Dick Cheney as well.

Back
Top Bottom