Leyden, MA Appleseed 5/22-23, 9/25-26, and 11/6-7

Bumping this to the top - 9/25 is coming up soon, so all of you shooters in Western MA who want to get to an Appleseed and don't want to truck all the way to Harvard should look at this shoot. Nice range, soft grass to lie on and hot and cold running mosquitoes. Bring your bug repellent.

GPS co-ordinates are N42 43.904 W72 39.692. The range is up at the end of River Road, spitting distance from the VT border. Here is the googlemaps link: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=42.731678,-72.661343&spn=0.009788,0.015256&t=h&z=16 The range is the open area in the center of the map, just south of the border. 200 yard range is the longer, northern clearing, 25 yard range is the southern, shorter area, and the parking lot is in the middle. If your GPS doesn't see the dirt road, then look for the intersection of Gates Road and River Road and keep going north on River Road.

Last edited:
September's coming up right around the corner, and we also have a new date for Nov 6-7.

Come down to Leyden and shoot out to 200 yards with us. [smile]

Just confirmed "IN" (as IIT) for the September shoot. I'll definitely be +1, maybe +2.

People, this is a NICE range. September is great weather, temperature-wise, and Leyden is probably one of the nicest ranges around to do this.

Just confirmed "IN" (as IIT) for the September shoot. I'll definitely be +1, maybe +2.

People, this is a NICE range. September is great weather, temperature-wise, and Leyden is probably one of the nicest ranges around to do this.

Nicest firing line I've instructed on so far. Trees, birds, grass, a 200 yard range, what more could you want?

Oh, and I'll have more surplus 7.62x54R...

Nicest firing line I've instructed on so far. Trees, birds, grass, a 200 yard range, what more could you want?

Oh, and I'll have more surplus 7.62x54R...

If that's the case, I will bring two 91/30s and maybe an M44 as loaners.

I will also have the Garand (mine) and the Springfield (Vicki's), but I'm not sure I'm lending them out.

Guys, November 6/7 is getting awfully close. Plenty of space on the line at Leyden, and it's an awesome range.

And I have lot's of 7.62x54R that didn't get shot last time... nothing like an M44 for ball and dummy work!

Guys, November 6/7 is getting awfully close. Plenty of space on the line at Leyden, and it's an awesome range.

And I have lot's of 7.62x54R that didn't get shot last time... nothing like an M44 for ball and dummy work!
No kidding, eh? Certainly cured John's flinch.

Vicki will be providing the M44 again, along with my 91/30.

Back
Top Bottom