Leyden, MA Appleseed 5/22-23, 9/25-26, and 11/6-7

Range: Leyden Rifle Club

Address: River Road, Leyden, MA

When: May 22-23
September 25-26
November 6-7

Range Fee: $5.00 per person/day, all Appleseed exemptions apply!

Camping available: Not on site.

Hotels: Several in nearby Greenfield, MA or Brattleboro, VT. Check your favorite hotel website.

Directions: The range is at the Northernmost end of River Rd. in the Northwest Corner of Leyden, MA, right up against the MA/VT border. If you cross into VT you have gone too far, though, not by much.

GPS: N/A

State Laws to be aware of: Your rifle must be locked unloaded in your trunk or other secured container. Handguns may be possessed ONLY with a Massachusetts Class A License To Carry with either "None" or "All Lawful Purposes" for Reason for Issuance. - if you're from out of state, you need a MA non-resident LTC. MA has NO reciprocity with any other state. No "assault weapons" - we still have an AWB that is the same thing as the old Federal AWB. ARs cannot have a flash hider, collapsible stock or a bayonet lug unless they are "pre-ban." High capacity magazines must be pre-ban as well. Non-residents CANNOT purchase ammo in this state. They have to bring it with them... or go to New Hampshire overnight. Check other State Laws.

Misc: Our first shoot in what we can honestly call Western Massachusetts! Inches from the VT border, so Vermonters are definitely welcome too.

We shoot a lot. Bring 1000 rounds+ If you bring less, that's fine, just pace yourself over the weekend.

Centerfire and Rimfire OK. Qualified shooters with centerfire rifles will shoot out to 200 yards on Sunday.

For More Information Contact: Private Message to "crak" or "Dwarven1" on the Appleseed or Northeastshooters.com forums, or email [email protected]

Registration Link:
Sept 25-26 http://www.eventbrite.com/event/649036285
Nov 6-7 http://www.eventbrite.com/event/798743062

Last edited:
Someone once said "Go West, young man!" so here it is!

Let's fill up this line!

Kate and I should be there to back you up, just need to verify my schedule.

Now to figure out how to get around bringing rifles into MA... if there will be 200 yard shooting I want some in on that.

Chris, I will check my underway schedule tomorrow when I get back to the boat, I think I am available for IIT. I will let you know for sure though.

Is anyone familiar with the area know anything about camping available?

Last edited:
I live pretty close to the Leyden range. If anyone needs directions, shoot me a PM. Also, be advised that the hippie population living nearby HATES the sound of gunfire.

I live pretty close to the Leyden range. If anyone needs directions, shoot me a PM. Also, be advised that the hippie population living nearby HATES the sound of gunfire.

What is the camping situation in the area of the range?

Heh, if anybody wants to hear some classic Buzzworth, listen to last night's archive of the Rifleman Radio show about 10-15 minutes in where he goes on a little tangent about these ranges that keep quiet as a strategy to placate the neighbors.

Unfortunately most of my rifles are not MA legal now.... and no LTC for the preban highcaps either... I really need to get that non-res LTC.

Ninsho I have a extra 10/22 that you can use for the event.

Last edited:
OK, for my sins I have been made Shoot Boss... and there's STILL NO ONE SIGNED UP for this shoot!!

Come one, Western MA - where ARE all you guys??? You wanted this shoot, so here it is...

If I go out there alone (with my IITs, that is), you can BET I'm going to be spending two days on the 200 yard range with my battle rifles...

I'd rather be teaching marksmanship and history.

OK, for my sins I have been made Shoot Boss... and there's STILL NO ONE SIGNED UP for this shoot!!

Come one, Western MA - where ARE all you guys??? You wanted this shoot, so here it is...

If I go out there alone (with my IITs, that is), you can BET I'm going to be spending two days on the 200 yard range with my battle rifles...

I'd rather be teaching marksmanship and history.
Might do it. It'd be great stress relief, given what's going on at work recently, but I've been fighting a cold for well over a month now, and I'm just not up for a repeat of the Nov 13th weekend Harvard shoot.

ETA: Should probably add a decent fixed-power or low-power scope beforehand, too...my eyes are noticeably worse than even 6 months ago. No joke.
[crying]

Last edited:
Might do it. It'd be great stress relief, given what's going on at work recently, but I've been fighting a cold for well over a month now, and I'm just not up for a repeat of the Nov 13th weekend Harvard shoot.

This isn't Harvard. It'll probably be sunny and warm.

I hope.

I was out at my range until 5:30am making sure my trigger job worked. I think this Appleseed I am making rifleman! 17 days to go!

i'm torn. I want to IIT but i am 3 hours away, have to camp, and i would need to bring my dog. Can we have canine RWVA mascots?

Well, according to the club's Secretary/Treasurer's boss (his wife [wink]), there's no problems with dogs at the range.

I was out at my range until 5:30am making sure my trigger job worked. I think this Appleseed I am making rifleman! 17 days to go!

Well, MrBB... as of this time, there are three full instructors and four instructors in training signed up... and ONE shooter. I'm guessing that's you. Man, you're gonna have a LOT of personal one on one attention that weekend!!

Come ON, Western MA... where ARE you??? ONE shooter? ONE man who wants to be a Rifleman? ONE man who doesn't think that our country is on a perfectly good course? ONE man who wants to hear the story of how these United States of America came into being?

You're kidding me, right?

Back
Top Bottom