• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lexington Police getting shooting range for 3.7 to 4.9 Million

Figure low end - $3.7M. Put it in a 1 year CD at 1.3% and the yield is $48.1k.

A PD can rent a LOT of range time for way under $48K per year.

If they float a bond to get that money, the effective annual cost of the range goes up even higher.

At that cost, the range should become a community resource like the parks and library.

Its like the $40M+ handicapped accessible Natick commuter rail stop. Compare what that money could generate in interest into the cost of giving the handicapped subsidized Uber rides (with the state paying anything over normal rail fare) to their destination.

3.7 million!? 50 members at $5k-ish a year?

Id like to think the $250k in member ship fees is to cover overhead... but why worry about that when you can just have us pay for it..

i just find it laughable that i have a 64 acre “playground” that only cost 112.5k and the “membership” costs 5k a year in property tax.

Image what any of us could accomplish with 3.7 million... government wasteful spending isnt just frivolous its full tetard.

Gloucester PD uses Cape Ann Sportsmans Club range twice a year for free. Though I've "heard" that they have an indoor range on the top floor above the courthouse in Gloucester. No idea if that's true or if it still gets used.

But anyway, using the local range instead of building their own definitely saves us taxpayers money.
Takes away range time for members, dont let your club drink the cool aid. Once the club gets thats money coming in one week turns into 7 weeks

3.7 million!? 50 members at $5k-ish a year?

Id like to think the $250k in member ship fees is to cover overhead... but why worry about that when you can just have us pay for it..

i just find it laughable that i have a 64 acre “playground” that only cost 112.5k and the “membership” costs 5k a year in property tax.

Image what any of us could accomplish with 3.7 million... government wasteful spending isnt just frivolous its full tetard.
Is that 64 acres in mass? Remeber Mass is going
Going to spend as much as possible.
One club I belong to had a projected cost of 1.5mil for a new club house and its nothing fancy.
Dont know how much they wasted in dsign and blue prints and such but we ended up with a $300k sand pit instead.

Takes away range time for members, dont let your club drink the cool aid. Once the club gets thats money coming in one week turns into 7 weeks
Not if done properly, rentals are limited to weekday business hours only, and the range use is not exclusive (only works at clubs with more than one range)

Is that 64 acres in mass? Remeber Mass is going
Going to spend as much as possible.
One club I belong to had a projected cost of 1.5mil for a new club house and its nothing fancy.
Dont know how much they wasted in dsign and blue prints and such but we ended up with a $300k sand pit instead.

ya, im in MA. In the future i want to put up a building on my range to reduce noise... my dumb ass neighbors will fight it though..and if thats the case, f*** em.... they can keep the noise.. other option is to stay under 120sq feet . Which is lame/

Globe story on the controversy. I actually wrote the Republican Committee post they quoted. [smile]

Update: TM reconsidered and IP'd it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom