Lewis in Bow, NH

A++

The owner Brad Lewis is always very helpful. They don't have a lot of choices on surplus ammo and assault weapons but his shop is very nice and he is always will to help or just chat. I bought my Bushmaster there. I just wish his shop was a little closer to me.

Ok...I've got a beef with this place now.

Carl recommended this place for me when I explained what I needed done. I have a Remmy LTR and bought the Badger Ordinance Tactical Bolt Knob for it. The original bolt needs to be ground down a bit and threaded so the new knob can screw on. I called these guys and spoke to Brad, the gunsmith. I explained what needed to be done and he said to come on down. After a 50 minute drive there, he looked at it, laughed, and said "oh I can't do that." ARE YOU F*&KING KIDDING ME?!?!?! He laughed and said "I would need an expensive piece of equipment to do that!" Well then why the f&*k didn't you say so when I explained it to you on the phone?

So basically, I drove 2 hours today FOR NOTHING! I will never visit there again. Just my 0.02

I've been to Lewis Arms a few times. They've got (or they had 'till I got there...[smile]) one or two MA legal EBRs there most of the time. Ammo is plentiful for the most part and the guys there are helpful. They let me look at some pistols even though i was a ma**h*** and couldn't buy pistols from them. They are a bit pricey and don't negotiate on prices. Although they're comparable to other gunshops in MA if you factor in not paying sales tax.

I got some .223 ammo from them for $.45/round the other day (1000 rounds) which seemed like a good price given the circumstances.

i stopped in there today...needed some trigger work done on my 10/22. So their website highlights that they offer gunsmith service and details Brads experience. As you pull in the parking lot the gigantic sign reads something like "quality firearms and service since 1983" in 6 inch letters. So imagine my surprise when i engage the sales guy at the counter where i can clearly see a shop loaded with gunsmith tools and he chuckles at me and says "pfff we havent done service for like 2 years now". Great job updating the sign and website. Never again on this place...

Brad Lewis

I've dropped mucho dineros at Lewis Arms when he operated out of the basement at Riley's in Hooksett. Now he has moved, drives a Hummer H2 and from what i have seen (only once) did not want to do any gunsmithing. Period. I was a little taken back/ disssapointed at his response.

A guy that made his bread and butter doing trigger jobs, custom 1911 work and was a Remington certified repair station. Now all he wants to do is sell guns. Can you blame him though...

Leiws

Went in there a while ago looking for an AK, He had a Romanian RPK for sale. He took it off the shelf and gave it to me, I was looking it over and took off the dust cover. He immediately asked if I was going to buy the gun, I said perhaps why? He then asked if I wasn't going to buy it then why was I taking it apart? I told him that I was merely looking inside the dust cover out of curiosity and was inspecting the gun for any defects or mistakes (we all know how bad Century Arms is). He then went off and said how I could have made a spring come flying out and damage a case or hit my friend!!! I handed the gun back and said walked out. I will never go back to that place ever again!!!

Riley's has gotten most of my business and they are happy to help and let me look over something that I potently want to buy.

I also had a bad experience with Lewis Arms a couple weeks back. I went in there fully intending on spending quite a bit of money, and from the first second I was completely turned off by the attitude I was given by both "gentlemen" I encountered there. I guess my baggy jeans and hooded sweatshirt was a "sign" that I didn't want to spend the 3 grand that was burning a hole in my pocket. I immediately proceeded to go to Riley's and give them my business, and will do so from now on.

Had a run in with Brad over some smith work years back. Dealing with him makes you want to take a shower when you're done.

Gary

I was at Lewis arms today, had plenty of inventory long guns, ar's and plenty of ammo.
The owner was great to deal with and I spend maybe an hr there looking getting the feel of a few guns I wanted to chose from. No pressure at all.
I bought a nice 45-70 and plenty of ammo. I would buy from them again.

there are a little tight assed in there, and their prices are not great. friendly enough, selection is decent, but not my favorite place.

I bought my first gun from them back in November. Prices were okay, and they were helpful but not overly so. I have since been going to Riley's and had better experiences there.

Lewis Arms in Bow, NH

I saw an ad on the net for the "best price on trade ins" so I took a SS .357 Ruger Blackhawk in for a quote. I had no use for a single action, but i got it off a buddy because it was a great deal. Brad (Owner) took a look at the Blackhawk and offered me $130 for it on a trade in for a used Saiga AK which was $450 (New Saigas were under $400 still). I asked about a KelTec PF-9 and he said he would give me $118 for the Balckhawk on a trade in. I thought he was crazy and declined both offers.

I then went over to Rileys and brought it in. They traded me a brand new PF-9 ($277) straight up for the Ruger!

Even though I've purchased some guns from Lewis Arms, I wouldn't recommend this shop. The clerk, Tom, is a really nice guy and very helpful, but the owner Brad is a bit of an ego case and in my opinion a bit full of himself.

I would recommend Riley's over Lewis Arms. Also, I've had a good experiencing at JRS Gunsmithing in Londonderry, NH. He doesn't have a huge collection in his shop, but his transfer fees are low and he's a very nice fellow.

Lewis Arms gets the big thumbs Down from me. Honesty goes along way, so if you looking for it go someplace other than Lewis Arms. I was lied to right to my face. I called up about a certain holster spoke via phone with Brad and Explained in detail what I wanted. Brad claims he has what I need and states "Im holding it right in my hand," then proceeds to read of what the package says. Awsome I drive over there and the sales guy helps me at the holster section. The sales guy looks high and low and cant find the holster . The sales guy yells up to Brad and I hear him come down the stairs, The sales guy leaves and meets Brad. I hear the sales guy asks Brad about the holster . I then hear Brad say " Gez I thought we had one, just tell him we sold it to another guy a while ago" The guy comes down and like a puppet tells me what Brad said. I just left pretty much without saying a word. Lewis Arms can pound sand. I now tell anyone and everyone I know about my dealings with them. I ended up leaving and going to Rileys. I spent a couple hundred bucks on ammo and had them order me what I wanted. Lewis Arms is a poor excuse of a gunshop. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom