• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Let's Talk Tonight....NES Net.

Waltham or Paxton work for me for 2 meter.
Mt. Watchusett if we're doing 440.
Remember that Paxton has a net each evening at 7:30. Also, I think that it might be best to communicate with one of the trustees of the repeater before thinking about regular scheds. I've been a member of CMARA for several years and would encourage membership. Check out the CMARA website. Jack. W1FKG.

I can't get that far on 70cm...so most of those are out for me.

But we can do Waltham...

OEJ, I agree, if we're going to take over a repeater on a regular basis, we should talk to someone. But, if we bounce around when we have the time...do you think that we should still talk to someone? For the most part...we just see who's around and talk where ever we can get the most people to reach.

I can't get that far on 70cm...so most of those are out for me.

But we can do Waltham...

OEJ, I agree, if we're going to take over a repeater on a regular basis, we should talk to someone. But, if we bounce around when we have the time...do you think that we should still talk to someone? For the most part...we just see who's around and talk where ever we can get the most people to reach.
I can't speak for the repeater owner/trustees. Probably a "grey" area. I'll watch for Greg WA1JXR on my AM commutes and talk to him about it. He is a trustee. I have a 10 element rotatable beam for 2M in Acton and can get out pretty well with that. Jack. W1FKG. P.S. Would not hurt for some NES hams to become members if not already.

OK, sounds like no one is either Paxton or Waltham...so I'm going to head back upstairs and get some shut eye...I was really hoping to be home before 8 pm tonight... But, the damn work got in my way.

I'm on paxton nw. Anyone else around?
If not, I'll be on Waltham at 9:30.

Uh Oh. [wink] Someone with the same Harold Edgerton avatar as me. This could get confusing.

I have similar photos that I took when I was a student at RIT back in the late 70's. Playing cards, balloons, oranges etc. Want one?

Talked to Greg, WA1JXR on the way in this AM. He is a CMARA trustee (Paxton repeater). He tells me that new users are always welcome and encourages membership. It is an "open" repeater. Check out the rules. CMARA.ORG. Jack. W1FKG.

Back
Top Bottom