• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Let's talk fishing!

So I have been out fishing a few times with my wife and kids over the last few weeks. Wtf is with all the fishing related garbage. There was so much cut line at one place today (Burges Pond, Westford) that my son got stuck in it. Very little stewardship shown for sure. It's too bad.
Btw, I still can't seem to catch anything consistently. I'm definitely losing credibility with my kids. But, it seems my wife realized that she loves fishing. Pretty cool.
Also saw a sign stating that lead weights under an ounce aren't permitted. Didn't catch the date; is this new?

no... It's been law for a while. But Go to any fishing store in Ma and see shelves and shelves of lead weights, lead lures, lead everything. And then a small section of lead free stuff. It's ****ing retarded. Drives me nuts.

Theres a a good selection online of tungsten and tin stuff.

oh, and ask your wife for a boat. Can't hurt to try.

Last edited:
I didn't realize there was such a strong carp invasion. Went camping in rumney NH on the baker river this weekend. Caught a few Brookies and a bunch of carp. Everyone (except for one that spit my hook at the last minute) was killed and destined to be raccoon, fox, or coyote food. Last year I caught a bunch on some random NH rivers. Disappointing.

Kill all the Carp you wish, just take the carcass with you so you can enjoy the stench of rotting fish at your house.

So sorry if I'm cutting into this thread but I didn't see any other threads with any answers to my reel question. I usually fish in fresh water /fly gear. Now, it seems I have the spinning bug again ,I'm looking at low priced reels . . .pflueger president,Mitchell #308pro-c , quantam nitrous ? I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these ? I do have an eagle claw 6'6" med light rod that feels very nice ,and would like to mate it with something under $70 .Ideas ?

I've got a President; good reel for the money. I've been complimented on it a few times by people that evidently have the same view.

Anyone ever fish Rock Pond in Georgetown? Someone told me about it. I know it's small boat accessible. I don't feel like taking the yak. Is fishing from the shoreline doable?

Anybody throwing large swimbaits like the Gantarel or Huddleston. I am looking to get another rod and reel combination, maybe the G Loomis E6X 845S MGM with a Shimano Curado E reel (looking primarily for a LH).

Back
Top Bottom