Lets see if this gun owner gets treated like a MSP

well, when they hold up your store, they point the gun (or knife) at you, not your cash register. It seems easy enough to justify being in fear of bodily harm or death to me.

Read the OP. The threat was long gone in this case.

I get that, I was responding in general to your mention that shop owners were getting away with things, generally.

Who knows what history is behind this as well. These guys could have been a problem for some time, and the robbery and threat were the last straw.

Obviously, we're not getting all the surrounding details, as the PD decided shooting people in the back as they ran away wasn't a bad thing....

Not that I disagree with their decision, either, and all I know is what I've read in the news.

I get that, I was responding in general to your mention that shop owners were getting away with things, generally.

Who knows what history is behind this as well. These guys could have been a problem for some time, and the robbery and threat were the last straw.

Obviously, we're not getting all the surrounding details, as the PD decided shooting people in the back as they ran away wasn't a bad thing....

Not that I disagree with their decision, either, and all I know is what I've read in the news.

I was even more general and said businesses. The reason that is important is I was also referring to the recent armored car security guard shooting case as an example. The worchester case recently where the shop keeper killed the robber was not so much on my mind with that statement. In that case, you would have to be pretty twisted, which unfortunately some DAs are, to try to proceed with a prosecution on that case. These others, not so high a bar to attempt a prosecution.

This all leads me back to my original point where I didn't say it well, but I meant that if one of us were to shoot after fleeing robbers from our homes or a fleeing mugger on the street, I suspect we would not be as lucky to escape a prosecution. I believe a bias exists here and elsewhere that gives more leeway to businesses when it comes to property.

Back
Top Bottom