let the shootings begin... fun times in Lynn

W

wolf223

[rolleyes]

these little roaches... freakin tuff guys, right? [rolleyes]

Deja vu for Lynn shootings

By Robin Kaminski/The Daily Item

LYNN - The summer season is off to an eerily similar and bloody start as it was last year in Lynn.

Almost one year ago to the day a spate of shootings and stabbings erupted on city streets, and over the weekend, eight separate shootings occurred with at least four victims hospitalized.

The explosion of violence began around 8 p.m. Saturday and continued until nearly 5 a.m. Sunday — the exact same time frame as last years shooting spree.

The first shots rang out on Neptune Street Saturday, where two male teenagers were shot, one in the abdomen who was taken to Salem Hospital, and the other in the chest, who was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital. The suspects reportedly fled in a gray Nissan.

Gunfire continued on Lawton Avenue, then Lowell Street, North Common at Park streets, Elm at South Common and Sheridan streets. A vehicle with a shattered window from a gunshot was found on Sheridan St., which Lynn Police had towed to the station as evidence.

According to a source close to the Lynn Police, the department and the State Police Gang Unit will be stepping up patrols in the city to prevent possible retaliation waged by the brother’s of the victims.

A resident of Neptune Street, who declined to give her name out of fear of reprisal, said she saw Chrisna “Crazy” Choon and Peroun Cheer, get shot while they were walking to a corner market, and speculated that it was a Bloods vs. Crips gang incident.

“Someone was walking behind them, and when they noticed him, they (Choon and Cheer) started running and the guy pulled out a gun and shot them,” she said. “I’ve known them since middle school, and I know that they were fighting over another shooting that happened. Peroun just got out of jail too. I knew something was going to happen, it never ends.”

Another reported victim caught in the crossfire, was Isaiah Rieves, of Lynn, and another only known by a last name of So.

Last year, Rieves claimed he was kicked in the face by a Lynn police officer after he was already subdued on the ground by another officer during a melee at 85 Sheridan St., which is known by police as a “Crip gang house” and the site of several gang-related shootings.

No arrests had been made in the multiple shootings as of Sunday night.

Last year, on June 8, five people were shot, one fatally behind Lynn City Hall, and another person stabbed in four separate incidents.

Rafael Andino, 43, died from a gunshot wound to the head.

After the four violent episodes, enforcement agencies conducted a massive criminal sweep, resulting in over 100 arrests of some taken in on warrants, others after police observed suspicious behavior, and others from areas labeled as “hot spots.”

West Lynners seek solutions to shooting spree

By Thor Jourgensen / The Daily Item

LYNN - Angela Krzywiski grew up in West Lynn; she knows there are plenty of good people living there and she wants to know how they can help prevent more shootings like the ones echoing down West Lynn streets this past weekend.

“Maybe we need a crime watch,” she said Monday as she talked about how her daughter plays in Warren Street playground, a site of several shootings in the last several years.

The weekend crime spree left at least four people injured, including one man transported to Massachusetts General Hospital with a chest wound.

Beginning on Neptune Street at 8 p.m. Saturday and continuing through 5 a.m. Sunday, shots rang out on Lawton Avenue, Lowell Street, two corners on the Commons and Sheridan Street, shattering windows and leaving West Lynn residents like William Entwine shaking their heads.

He's lived in the Elm Street area for 42 years and remembers trouble along the streets and adjoining ones during his youth. Local kids, he said, need more local activities especially since the Gregg House relocated its West Lynn site to Broad Street.

“They see older kids' behavior and hear kids talking about the shootings in school,” he said.

There are after school and evening options for West Lynn youth: The YMCA runs an after school program and police officers helped start a weekend night gathering place for teens in the Lynn Vocational Technical Institute field house.

Connery School parent Joseph Sullivan wants to see police get guns off the street as part of their effort to rid the city of crime.

A shooting spate a year ago that left one man dead prompted a multiple law enforcement agency response leading to arrest and crack downs on individuals with prior brushes with the law.

but of course... the issue is all the repeat offenders. funny, i picked up my son yesterday from my parents house and had this uneasy feeling.

-nope, wasn't carrying (lazy) as i worked this weekend.

reading this shit, i KNEW it.

when "the block is hot" the knuckleheads take to the streets to spread misery.

[rolleyes]

Yup. By and large, the cops do their job (catching criminals after they commit crimes). Then the courts and prison system lets us down.

I'd bet that over 50% or more of the violent offenders arrested have been through the system at least once or more in the past for some other violent
offense. I'm surprised at this point that LEOs haven't gone on strike or something, honestly. A lot of these scumbags on a good day only get taken
off the streets for a year, maybe, if the wind is blowing in the right direction.

-Mike

Sounds like NHI.

Way back when NHTAG was at Nashua Fish & Game, I attended a match up there and was listening to a few Nashau police officers who were also attending the match. One of the officers said to another something along the lines of: "I heard you had some excitement last night." The other officer replied, "It was NHI," and then proceeded to describe the shooting that occurred.

It took me a moment to figure out the acronym NHI - No Humans Involved.

I was listening on the scanner to it. It's the same scum bags all the time. Within a minute of the shooting the LEO's had a good idea who did it and where they were going. They were all related to the same event. All Asian males in the shootings. They were then out driving around looking for more targets, a couple of police cars had them running around High Rock.
They did an armed entry somewhere this morning on a house to grab some of them.

The shit's been picking up in Worcester, too. 5 break ins in my neighborhood in the past month, bunch of stabbings, won't be long before the riffraff starts shooting among itself.

Welcome to summah.

OT but was the author of the first piece a product of Lynne PS? She writes poorly.

the exact same time frame as last years [sic] shooting spree.

prevent possible retaliation waged by the brother’s [sic]of the victims.

Also, she, seems, not, to under,stand the , use of commas, as she, seems to place, them randomly, wherever she, want,s to put them, .

shoulda started the Official NES Summer Shootings thread [rofl]

where is Blitz1?

all them little punks! i can't freaking stand them. there a new crew two houses over from my parents. i already told my pops they aren't good news. i just couldn't tell if they red guys or blue guys though.

shits crazy. i told my sister and bro-in law to get their applications in ASAP! i'd even buy them the guns...

The shit's been picking up in Worcester, too. 5 break ins in my neighborhood in the past month, bunch of stabbings, won't be long before the riffraff starts shooting among itself .

You mean to tell all of us here that the Worcester bylaw against knives isn't working!?! [shocked]

[laugh2]

there is nothing in the world quite as satisfying as the expression on a home invaders face when the flash of the Surefire that's blinded him starts to wear off and he realizes what he's looking at are double stacked mags hanging out of an AR-15 with an Aimpoint red dot seated squarely on his forehead. [smile]

+1 [smile]

Some of this stuff happened not far from where I live,thinking to myself retirement can't come soon enough so I can sell my house and get the hell out of this city and state.

Some of this stuff happened not far from where I live,thinking to myself retirement can't come soon enough so I can sell my house and get the hell out of this city and state.

yup, my folks are a little order, run a daycare, but they ain't getting younger. i'd almost rather them sell their house and we can buy a 3-decker in another town or something. but with the market.. they are stuck!

if it wasn't for them, i'd never step foot in Lynn, outside of Lynn Shore Drive (if that). freakin aye! [thinking]

Just think of it as a thinning of the herd process.Adios MF's.

i was doing a semester a NSCC, Lynn Campus and there was a very interesting article published about the gang problem in Lynn, vs. the other towns & cities like Fall River, Brockton ect...

well, turned out that with the population vs. known & documented drug members, Lynn PD would need double the cops than they had to make difference... -not word for word, just my mental cliff notes version.

back then, i recall the Lynn PD had 200something officers, gang unit, bike patrol ect....

now?

[rolleyes] - i experienced the crumble first hand... even cost me money via property damage.

messed up! just plain ol' messed up.

edit: oh and those mo' fo's didn't die (unfortunatly).

I was listening on the scanner to it. It's the same scum bags all the time. Within a minute of the shooting the LEO's had a good idea who did it and where they were going. They were all related to the same event. All Asian males in the shootings. They were then out driving around looking for more targets, a couple of police cars had them running around High Rock.
They did an armed entry somewhere this morning on a house to grab some of them.

Geez, maybe I should start carrying when I head up to the Post 507.

edit: oh and those mo' fo's didn't die (unfortunatly).
I think they need to have target practice classes for the short time they actually serve...

That way the next time it will be a murder charge and they might spend some time in jail...

Not to mention hit their intended target rather than spray an innocent bystander...

I am at least 50% kidding, but not much more... [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom