• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

legal knife blade size in mass for carry

Butterflies, that are singe-edged, are not prohibited for carry as the others you cite.
Thanks for the clarification.

When I was a little shit I had a little switchblade keychain knife. It was pretty cool. Haven't seen one in years. I went on field trip to New York in 8th grade and the teacher saw me playing with it on the bus. She said "Did you buy that here?" I said "No my dad and I bought a bunch of them at a gun show in VT." She said "Oh. Put it away please." Those were the days.

ETA: Here ya go! I had this same knife.

http://www.myswitchblade.com/Italia...-Grind-White-p/italianpicklokkeychn3black.htm

That knife has a blade length longer than 2.5", but I believe Worcester make an exception of that rule if you have an LTC.

Worcester tops Boston's ordinance in terms of moonbattery. Worcester's 2.5" blade limit only applies "...when arrested while committing a breach or disturbance of the public peace or when arrested upon a warrant for any alleged crime..."

AKA: You've got way bigger problems when being arrested than the knife you are carrying...

See my thread on the subject with the full text here:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/52723-New-knife-ordinance-for-Worcester-1-9-2009

when we were kids in new britain the cops made us compare the blade across our palm, smaller blade was ok, larger got taken. [smile]

No exception in MA for carrying any switchblade if the blade is >1.5".

Correct. Poster that I quoted linked a Ken Onion assisted opening knife.

when we were kids in new britain the cops made us compare the blade across our palm, smaller blade was ok, larger got taken. [smile]

I still hear that myth from time to time. "Oh you can't carry that knife in MA; the blade is longer than the width of your palm."

[laugh] [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom