least obnoxious AR-15 muzzle brake/compensator

I love my stag Y-brake, if you can't deal with muzzle blast then maybe you should take up knitting

1) Try shooting a muzzle brake without hearing protection, like some people still do when hunting, then come back to us about how awesome yours is
2) An extremely loud brake gives away your position pretty well
3) An extremely loud brake is annoying to other shooters
4) An extremely loud brake is unnecessary except in truly large calibers like .50BMG
5) If you're going to throw around your shitty opinion, don't get all pissy when someone criticizes you for being a jackass

1) Try shooting a muzzle brake without hearing protection, like some people still do when hunting, then come back to us about how awesome yours is
2) An extremely loud brake gives away your position pretty well
3) An extremely loud brake is annoying to other shooters
4) An extremely loud brake is unnecessary except in truly large calibers like .50BMG
5) If you're going to throw around your shitty opinion, don't get all pissy when someone criticizes you for being a jackass

lol u put way more thought into that than necessary

I love my stag Y-brake, if you can't deal with muzzle blast then maybe you should take up knitting

You do realize there are other purposes for muzzle devices than just recoil reduction, right? Brakes have several drawbacks depending on purpose. I suppose the worlds militaries should all switch to knitting.

Mini-Y (****ing piece of s**t loudener). [laugh]

You will note I put a pipe symbol in the middle of this chart. This is the line after which those standing next to the rifle will always feel like they are getting punched in the face, even with good ear pro.

-Mike

I have a Maine Bushmaster with a mini-Y. I do not shoot it unless there are a few open lanes around me. Luckily I have plenty of other stuff. Mostly with Bravo Company comps on them.

the mini Y looks like a typical multi chamber brake
they're got awful to be near on the range
i've made the mistake of running those in the past

for a while i played around with linear comps
great for low mag optics like a red dot in something like .223
in 223 the slight increase in recoil is no big deal
if running a magnified optic it disrupts sight picture and gets annoying
in 308 or higher recoil the linear comp also gets annoying
again for 223 with a red dot it's excellent

nowadays for a do-all muzzle brake i've had great luck with the 2A armament T3 brake
in shoots like an A2 FH but gives a little brake behavior, nothing crazy
less abnoxious than the BCM gunfighter brake and I woudl consiuder the BCM to be fairly mild
looks sharp too and lacks silly spikes that just destroy a range bag
sorry I refuse to drop anywhere near $100 on a muzzle device. to me like $50 is the limit.
there are lots of great (and stupid) muzzle devices out there, FWIW the 2A T3 has become my go-to

if your goal is to not annoy people to the side of you at the range, you want a linear item like the troy claymore

guys you are thinking about this wrong, comps dont remove the recoil they just let you share it with those around you.

^unless kidding that is completely contradictory statement. lateral or upward dispersion of gas creates opposite force by newton's 3rd law. not new idea.

^unless kidding that is completely contradictory statement. lateral or upward dispersion of gas creates opposite force by newton's 3rd law. not new idea.

Have you never heard a joke before in your life? That couldn’t have been a more obvious joke. I can explain it to you, if you’d like...

Here are a couple of excellent reviews of muzzle brakes:

Back
Top Bottom