Lawrence man charged after theft of unlocked gun

As far as taking a chance about carrying while intoxicated that's and easy one. If you are carrying don't drink. If you can't have fun with your buddies without drinking don't carry when meeting your buddies. It's called a choice. You can choose to take your chances that nothing will happen and have a few drinks or you can choose to carry and not drink.

I'm curious as to why the guy chose to disarm.

Did he incorrectly think that it is illegal in MA to have a gun in such a location, and at that point guessed what the lessor of two evils was?

Or did he plan to drink too much and fear either causing a ruckus such that police would notice him and his carry, OR did he actually worry that his judgement would be impaired to the point of brandishing.

Along a couple of these decision paths, an option for him could have been to unload the gun but keep it with him. Or, if it was a semiauto (all we know is .32) keeping the frame with him and leaving the slide would mitigate legal ramifications.

Whenever I think I may even consider leaving my gun locked up in a car,I always take one of my small autos with me.I then unload it and remove the slide and slip it in my pocket leaving only the frame.There,now its just a gun part.I don't need no stinking lock!

Back
Top Bottom