Law Abiding Gun Owners, How Would You Have Prepared Within Watertown Perimeter

my wife asked me what i would do if someone broke in in the middle of the night. i told her not to worry, that i would hand her the gun and tell he that whoever broke in said she was fat and go back to sleep. [smile]

and after that some bad words were said and somthing about me having to sleep on the couch i dont remember.

Living a couple blocks outside of the perimeter, for me and my family, it was business as usual wrt security. This was a high profile bad guy and he was getting all the attention. But,there are always gonna be plenty who don't get this kind of attention. In our house its ALWAYS be vigilant, not just when the tv says so. Got the LTC-A for more than just range fun.

I live about 1 mile away from the night time shootout scene right on the Newton/Watertown line. Carried my full size pistol as usual and kept the AR handy. We always keep the doors locked while inside anyways, so not much change to security protocol other than not going out to eat for dinner (just because everything was closed).

I saw my neighbor across the street sitting on her front porch with her dog and a over under shotgun across her lap! It was a pretty surreal sight to see in Newton. I didn't even know she was a gun owner before that(probably following Biden's advice). I did keep my AR slung over my shoulder while on 'yard patrol' as my girlfriend began to call them. None of my neighbors even batted an eye and the Watertown cop who was hanging in front of my house gave a thumbs up when he saw me.

I never got bored watching all of the different helicopters in the area. My neighbors didn't understand what was so exciting about watching helicopters through binoculars! Man there was a shitload of jet a burned over the last day....

Pics?

-Trolling via S3.-

Was in waltham with this:
y9ama3an.jpg

This:
qypamyqe.jpg

And this:
byjazaru.jpg

Last edited:
I live ~1 mile as the crow flies from where it was all going down. I just had my Glock on me, locked the front and rear door. Windows were unlocked and some were even open because it was gorgeous out. Myself and my roommates were all on the first floor, scanner was going as well as the TV. At one point I walked to Dunkin Donuts and ate it on the front steps of our porch..

Sorry, I don't live my life in fear, but I was at the ready if it was needed.

I would have gotten my rappel gear out, rappel up the house to the roof, with my 1919 and 1k rounds on the belt, created a shooters nest from the roof. Taken my wingsuit and flown back to the first floor where I would smash out all the windows and sandbag the sills. I would have armed my three attack cats with auto shooting mac 10s and uzis. Once prepared I would have made sure I had an ample stash of gun show jerky in my gunners nest and ductaped my girlfriend in the basement. It would be for her own good. I probably would have over turned my car in the driveway and set it a blaze as a means to divert the troops around the back of the house, where I would have dug a punji pit and made sure it was filled with cobras, just incase they did get impaled.......

I think I got it all.

I would have locked the doors, had the weapons ready and just waited while watching a few good movies, I don't panic or get all riled up, I get ready and wait for things to happen, if it goes down I'll do what I can, if not I get to catch up on some good movies and laugh at the morons that panic and make themselves look like fools, we all have different mind sets, I am a cool customer ~

Tim

I live in Waltham about 3 miles from where they caught the guy, I kept the doors and the windows locked, had my 9mm on me and my AR close by, and just kept my eyes and ears open. I went down to the convenience store during the middle of the day, and like most places, it was a ghost town.

I would have gotten my rappel gear out, rappel up the house to the roof, with my 1919 and 1k rounds on the belt, created a shooters nest from the roof. Taken my wingsuit and flown back to the first floor where I would smash out all the windows and sandbag the sills. I would have armed my three attack cats with auto shooting mac 10s and uzis. Once prepared I would have made sure I had an ample stash of gun show jerky in my gunners nest and ductaped my girlfriend in the basement. It would be for her own good. I probably would have over turned my car in the driveway and set it a blaze as a means to divert the troops around the back of the house, where I would have dug a punji pit and made sure it was filled with cobras, just incase they did get impaled.......

I think I got it all.

I call BS, punji pits are illegal in MA.

if it was my neighborhood the girlfriend would get my plate carrier and her AR. i would have one of mine and we'd sit tight. it wasn't go-time, it was a bunch of dudes trying to hunt down a 19 year old kid. my responsibility would have been at home and that is far more important than anything at any company. i also wouldn't be gearing up and running into the streets with my rifle. like i said, not go-time. if ze authorities came to the door "nope, we're fine in here. no, you can't come in. no, i am not under duress. stay safe and have fun out there, but i'm good to go within these walls."

i would have taken the day off work if given the opportunity to. i have better coffee and don't have to wait for 12 to eat lunch at home. if i had to leave, well, i'd throw on a pistol or three and head out. not sure where i'd need to go unless i wanted a pizza or something. pizza is always good during emergencies. tasty as hell during the 2008 ice storm. a local place had gas ovens and were turning out hot, fresh pizzas if you had cash.

okay, so now that i think about it, i'd strap on a plate carrier, sling a shotgun across my back, AR at the low ready and like the mall ninja turtles--it's pizza time.

this shit's done and over with, can we give it a rest?

OK, Now that you are all done with the chest beating and made sure your man card is up to date. What would you have done when the SWAT team knocked on your door and told you to get out while they search the house.

OH, BTW, you were down stairs reloading and have all kinds of "Components" out on the bench when you ran upstairs to open the door.

Hum?????????????

OK, Now that you are all done with the chest beating and made sure your man card is up to date. What would you have done when the SWAT team knocked on your door and told you to get out while they search the house.

OH, BTW, you were down stairs reloading and have all kinds of "Components" out on the bench when you ran upstairs to open the door.

Hum?????????????

Dude.....easy answer here....... You may have seen me before

Last edited by a moderator:

Hum?????????????

my honest, no-bullshit, no-chest-puffing answer would be a firm refusal. if they entered without my consent and/or dragged my happy ass out in zipcuffs i would imagine i'd find someone willing to take that case once the dust from this settles.

Hum?????????????

The answer would be no, I am fine and do not request your assistance. They would have to drag me out in zip tie handcuffs. Clearly I wouldn't open the door for anyone, Leo or not. Feel better now? Remember that not everyone will blindly follow Leo orders and cower in the corner. I hope your chains rest lightly upon you.

how does a person arm themselves againest well trained swat and para military troops bangin on your front door? I would hide all weapons except a few just in case, and let them in. its that or they break the door down, kill you, the dog, that bitchy parrot, the wife and kids. the Boston loc down (martial law) was just a test to see how people would react. they needed an excuse, so they created a mad bomber.
I've given the Boston martial law thing a lot of thought, and until they start shooting civilians, there isn't much I can do. I live in Nazi Clark County NV and it could happen here at a drop of a hat; so I'm gathering everything up and preparing. Daniel Boon out.

how does a person arm themselves againest well trained swat and para military troops bangin on your front door? I would hide all weapons except a few just in case, and let them in. its that or they break the door down, kill you, the dog, that bitchy parrot, the wife and kids. the Boston loc down (martial law) was just a test to see how people would react. they needed an excuse, so they created a mad bomber.
I've given the Boston martial law thing a lot of thought, and until they start shooting civilians, there isn't much I can do. I live in Nazi Clark County NV and it could happen here at a drop of a hat; so I'm gathering everything up and preparing. Daniel Boon out.

Wow...3 posts and the tinfoil meter is already pegged at 11. Well done.

[tinfoil]

I think I got it all.
No Newports? What are you some kind of health nut?

Would have had my G19 preban 15 round loaded. 2 Mags on side belt and my 870 near by in a unseen location. Would have stuck the wife and kids in my bedroom and been posted downstairs awaiting any such person who I may deem a threat to my family's well being.

Back
Top Bottom