• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Law Abiding Gun Owners, How Would You Have Prepared Within Watertown Perimeter

Livefreeormass

NES Member
I'm so sick of being called a law abiding gun owner for a millionth time, so take a shit from me...

Not sure if this is a dupe. Now, if you had lived within those 20 blocks in Watertown, how would you have prepared for the evacuation?

My house is 10 miles away from that area. So I had my alarm system on and a couple of 9mm pistols ready in the house during the nights since Monday. It would not have been enough? I should have had my AK by my bedside?

Also seeing how utterly unprepared some people were, you'd need a bag full of other goodies, to compliment your CCW+ammo (how much ammo?) to get out of your house.

Not sure if this is a dupe. Now, if you had lived within those 20 blocks in Watertown, how would you have prepared for the evacuation?
Unless the house is on fire or I can be convinced russia has tossed a nuke thats expected to hit across the street I ain't evacuating shit. Lock and load and carry on with life as usual. And when the dog barks I pay attention to whatever she's trying to tell me.

I would lock down my house, secure all doors and windows, move my family to the 2nd floor, arm my wife with a 9mm and keep her with the kids in the bedroom, i would have a 45 on my side and a pump action 12g with buck n ball loaded and sweep my house every hour.............(i dont have a wife or kids) in reality.... look for hiding places for the prohibited items (its 420 today haha) then id gather in front of the TV and watch seasons 1 n 2 of Game of Thrones and eat and drink like theres no tomorrow, Id prolly answer the door for SWAT prolly drunk and or buzzed.

I would lock down my house, secure all doors and windows, move my family to the 2nd floor, arm my wife with a 9mm and keep her with the kids in the bedroom, i would have a 45 on my side and a pump action 12g with buck n ball loaded and sweep my house every hour.............(i dont have a wife or kids) in reality.... look for hiding places for the prohibited items (its 420 today haha) then id gather in front of the TV and watch seasons 1 n 2 of Game of Thrones and eat and drink like theres no tomorrow, Id prolly answer the door for SWAT prolly drunk and or buzzed.

What better way to defend your house against terrorists than high or drunk with a loaded 12 gauge! Hell ya!

My friends all have a joke going around that I was already prepared for the zombie apocalypse that one Russian wouldn't even raise the radar and if it was my boat I would've pulled him out by his hair and had my foot on his throat while my wife called authorities telling them to not shoot her husband because the guy with the gun was the good guy! lol Personally, I think she tends to overreact.

Knock, knock: SWAT
Opens door: Hello, woah, nice jacket. That all you guys got is M&P? Here, use my WW. You got grenades for this puppy? Then take these. Good hunting!
Slams door.

Last edited:
Is the answer: shoot a double barrel at the sky out the back door?

No really, would have armed my son with a pistol and a few mags, kept a pistol and an xm15 with 5 mags each handy myself. A good knife on the belt and a couple tactical flashlights. Would have blacked out the windows in the TV room and hung around listening. I would not have gone outside looking for trouble. You could have found it either from the perp OR from friendly fire.

This is what I did in a neighboring town that was locked down. Carry in house with one in the chamber (which I usually never do) safety off of course . M4 upstairs with multiple magazines of M193 ready to go. Kids upstairs. House locked and alarmed. Felt very safe. Very.

If this doesn't convince the sheeple of the Northeast the value of self reliance and protection, then nothing really will.

I live about 1 mile away from the night time shootout scene right on the Newton/Watertown line. Carried my full size pistol as usual and kept the AR handy. We always keep the doors locked while inside anyways, so not much change to security protocol other than not going out to eat for dinner (just because everything was closed).

I saw my neighbor across the street sitting on her front porch with her dog and a over under shotgun across her lap! It was a pretty surreal sight to see in Newton. I didn't even know she was a gun owner before that(probably following Biden's advice). I did keep my AR slung over my shoulder while on 'yard patrol' as my girlfriend began to call them. None of my neighbors even batted an eye and the Watertown cop who was hanging in front of my house gave a thumbs up when he saw me.

I never got bored watching all of the different helicopters in the area. My neighbors didn't understand what was so exciting about watching helicopters through binoculars! Man there was a shitload of jet a burned over the last day....

No really, would have armed my son with a pistol and a few mags, kept a pistol and an xm15 with 5 mags each handy myself. A good knife on the belt and a couple tactical flashlights. Would have blacked out the windows in the TV room and hung around listening. I would not have gone outside looking for trouble. You could have found it either from the perp OR from friendly fire.
Sounds good. I trust my 11 yo with her 22s, but prolly nothing bigger yet.

I saw my neighbor across the street sitting on her front porch with her dog and a over under shotgun across her lap! It was a pretty surreal sight to see in Newton. I didn't even know she was a gun owner before that(probably following Biden's advice). I did keep my AR slung over my shoulder while on 'yard patrol' as my girlfriend began to call them. None of my neighbors even batted an eye and the Watertown cop who was hanging in front of my house gave a thumbs up when he saw me....
OC in your own yard at times like this. I like it.

Never thought I'd live to see the day when open display of a ready-for-prime-time rifle on your own property in the immediate Boston area was met with tolerance on any level.

I saw my neighbor across the street sitting on her front porch with her dog and a over under shotgun across her lap! It was a pretty surreal sight to see in Newton. I didn't even know she was a gun owner before that(probably following Biden's advice). I did keep my AR slung over my shoulder while on 'yard patrol' as my girlfriend began to call them. None of my neighbors even batted an eye and the Watertown cop who was hanging in front of my house gave a thumbs up when he saw me.

Haha. I figure if people KNOW you in Newton they probably wouldn't lose their minds. I walked out of my parents place by center street and comm-ave with my 870 "tactical" slung when I was taking my grandfather and father to HSC during winter break. If I'd still been in Newton or been visiting I'd probably walk around the house with the AR just to piss off my mother.

Mike

As a CT resident I'm obviously not allowed one of those evil semi-auto rifles. Probably would have broken out the Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70 and some 405gr flat points and loaded up a bunch of spare mags for the P7M8.

Is this happened in my town, it would simply be target practice for me. ;)

the sheep can lock themselves in their houses waiting for the Gov to say its ok to come out.

Psst: It ain't target practice when they's shootin' back.

Demotivational-pictures-internet_Tough_Guys.jpg

I would be more concerned about the friendlies going door to door than anything else, because I would not have let them enter. I'm sure that would have caused suspicion and who knows after that.

Last edited:
Psst: It ain't target practice when they's shootin' back.

Demotivational-pictures-internet_Tough_Guys.jpg

Pssst: It ain't self reliance when you're reduced to being imprisoned in your own home.

You think the Israelis would do this? Not a chance.

They live under this type of threat 24/7 over there. If they took this type of atittude and action plan, their country would fold in a couple of days.

The difference is, they go directly to the source of the problem and deal with it and carry on with their lives. Sure they hunker down when randomly fired Pallistinian rockets are inbound, but as for their daily activities, they are just constantly more aware, better armed and react immediately to any threat they see......without fear of retribution from their own government.

I would have been concerned about body armories the bad guys, probably would have just dragged out one my rifles (maybe my SBR) and waited for the dog to bark.

That's funny as shit [rofl]

Pssst: It ain't self reliance when you're reduced to being imprisoned in your own home.

You think the Israelis would do this? Not a chance.

They live under this type of threat 24/7 over there. If they took this type of atittude and action plan, their country would fold in a couple of days.

The difference is, they go directly to the source of the problem and deal with it and carry on with their lives. Sure they hunker down when randomly fired Pallistinian rockets are inbound, but as for their daily activities, they are just constantly more aware, better armed and react immediately to any threat they see......without fear of retribution from their own government.

While I agree with the main thrust of your point here, I should point out that the Israelis are not better armed from a civilian perspective than we are. Gun ownership is highly regulated there and by highly regulated, it usually limits a civilian to either one handgun or one rifle depending on the circumstance.

Well I live about a mile away in Watertown from where everything happened. As soon as I heard of what was going on my G20 was on my hip and my AR was by my side.

Back
Top Bottom