• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

laser for Glock

I've got a lasermax guide rod in my 3rd gen G27. You have to replace the take down lever with one they supply. The new one has an tab on it to activate the laser when you slide it to either side.

How good do you see your irons in low/no light?
I can’t see s##t, laser is king , my eyes are 40% of when I was young.
Ha! Glock sights are plastic!.
J/K
Make a good point. I was roasting you there.
I had a set of laser grips that I didn't care for. I think your only option would be a rail light.
That all being said, the crimson trace I had was very bright, and the batteries had good life if that helps. I had red btw.

Everybody's eyes are different and will focus and see differently. I bought the laser a number of years ago because it was cool to have it. I actually prefer looking through the sights because I know what I'm looking at is where the gun is pointing. I don't depend on the laser for shooting accuracy because it takes my attention away from where the muzzle is actually pointing, but that's just me and my perception. Granted they are great for a quick shot when you can't bring the sights up. The one big plus is that a laser dot on a perps head or chest can be a major deterrent to their intended actions because they can actually see where the shot is going to go. As far as low light or night shooting, if you can't see your target you shouldn't even consider firing.

Just my three cents.

Everybody's eyes are different and will focus and see differently. I bought the laser a number of years ago because it was cool to have it. I actually prefer looking through the sights because I know what I'm looking at is where the gun is pointing. I don't depend on the laser for shooting accuracy because it takes my attention away from where the muzzle is actually pointing, but that's just me and my perception. Granted they are great for a quick shot when you can't bring the sights up. The one big plus is that a laser dot on a perps head or chest can be a major deterrent to their intended actions because they can actually see where the shot is going to go. As far as low light or night shooting, if you can't see your target you shouldn't even consider firing.

Just my three cents.
If I put my laser on someone’s face they can’t see it without a mirror.:rolleyes:

I have Crimson Trace lasers on both my 92FS and P238 and am happy with both. Viridian also makes good quality lasers that you may want to look at as well.

Edit - 92 laser is red, P238 laser is green. I wish Crimson Trace made the 92FS laser in green - it is visible in all lights.

What model Glock? Can you have the slide cut for a red dot sight? Benefits of a laser without declaring your position to the target.

In all seriousness... the value of a laser (although I don't run one) is different than a red dot. They both have their own advantages. The primary advantage of a laser is shooting from unconventional positions where you may not have the ability to hold an optimal sight picture under your dominant eye. It's not something that you can't work around in real life... but a laser makes it easier.

Back
Top Bottom