Lafayette Square, Secret Service Sniper

Who is this man?

In the age of AI Face recognition and lack of privacy - how do these high profile operators stay "under the radar"?

How does the SS prevent themselves from being DOXXED?

This picture is captivating.

Where did he get his training?

Has he seen combat?

We should invite him to a NES Dinner.

<No Homo>

In the environment that he finds him self when the picture was taken, I think that having the pistol in his hand would be the better choice. Unless there were only friendlies within about 50 yards...

It’s all about layers of security. His job was to interdict longer range threats. DJT had other security for close-in work. Remember, SS isn’t about self, it’s about POTUS.

This bad ass MF put an FDE scope on that rig! It does sort of match his suppressor cover I guess.

View attachment 361850
Last ate something with sugar or carbs in 2003. I think he works out, a lot... lol, or maybe those arms are just from holding up that 24 lb long distance communication device for a long time.

It’s all about layers of security. His job was to interdict longer range threats. DJT had other security for close-in work. Remember, SS isn’t about self, it’s about POTUS.
Edit---Disclaimer: the author could be talking through his a$$ so don't blame me for giving him the benefit of the doubt. [wink]
Here you get to see his partner... interesting photographers problem: false attachment. [shocked] Partners rifle looked like an RPG at first glance (before I scroll down) due to the tree limb in the background.
As to my post above:
"As to why exactly they walked over to the church with the administration, it isn't clear. They really don't provide a protection function in doing so and a counter-sniper team is always set up in advance of such a movement."

Last edited:
After watching several modern sniper movies and pix like this, I can honestly say I'll never be a sniper.

Because, even at 51, I can't grow a beard worth a damn. My dreams of being an operator in my retirement are still dashed. :(

Got nothing to do with the beard, I don't want anything to do with that 30 pound rifle and those 10 pound binos. At that point, I am out of payload to carry my Bud Light and pork rinds.

Anyone ID the rifle? It's not a Barrett MRAD.
VTX4rLT.jpg

Uniform Division technicians assigned to the Counter Sniper (CS) team use custom built .300 Winchester Magnum-chambered bolt-action rifles referred to as JARs ("Just Another Rifle"). These rifles are built with Remington 700 long actions in Accuracy International stocks and use Schmidt & Bender optics. CS technicians also use the 7.62mm KAC SR-25/Mk11 Mod 0 semi-automatic sniper rifle with a Trijicon 5.5× ACOG optic.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
I have a friend who is a Fed and SWAT team leader. He told me that he and his team have to qualify quarterly with 5 different handguns with each hand. I didn't ask about rifle. I know that I couldn't do it and I understand why they require that.

Back
Top Bottom