Knife wielding man shot near BU over storrow

Really? based on what exactly? The guy who shot the knife welding atacker in the Boston hospital who WAS ACTIVELY ATTACKING PEOPLE. He was still arrested and thrown into jail... only later released after enough of the public complained (and the fact that is was blindingly obvious that he did everything right and there was no way they could possible even suggest he was in the wrong, as hard as they tried).

You just go right ahead and belive that[STRIKE=peons] civilians [/STRIKE] peons in Mass are held to the same level as police when it comes to anthing involveing guns...

Maybe, people should stop thinking like..YOU !

- - - Updated - - -

Based on every case where we hear about a law abaing citizen getting in trouble for useing a weapon (no matter how justified the shooting is) and every case we hear of police at worst getting a paid vacation for UNjustifable weapon use.

Please provide a link.

Maybe, people should stop thinking like..YOU !

I would love it if the court system didn't jack up legal carriers for defending themselves while letting cops get away with shooting people because they didn't cower fast enough...

If you belive there us no double standard between cops and civilians then you must also believe that the same treatment for the black panthers and kkk

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I was thinking about this exact thing the other day Bob and it got me thinking about the LTC holder who shot and killed the guy at MGH that was trying to stab a doctor to death, despite multiple eye witnesses who said the LTC holder did everything right he wound up having his LTC pulled and being under a grand jury investigation for 6 months.

I didn't even know Langone's case went that far (an actual GJ thing) I always had assumed it was the DA was just being a douchebag and hemming and hawing over whether or not he could get away with prosecuting him on some trumped up bullshit, but then ultimately decided it would be politically unhealthy for him to do so.

-Mike

I would love it if the court system didn't jack up legal carriers for defending themselves while letting cops get away with shooting people because they didn't cower fast enough...

If you belive there us no double standard between cops and civilians then you must also believe that the same treatment for the black panthers and kkk

I know there is a double standard, but I will not think that way. We LTC holders need to stick together, fight for our rights as a whole. How do you think antis do it. instead we bitch, complain, and when a legal gun owner defends himself/herself, its always "oh boy they are going to get jacked up" Protest the right to defend human life, as a right.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but that is absolute bullshit!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

The Desk bound keyboard commandos have all the answers, they just haven't been told what the questions are yet.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JWPaolilliJr again.

Last edited:

Do you have any examples of all these instances of the properly licensed gun owners involved in good shoots getting jacked up by the courts?

Do you have any examples of all these instances of the properly licensed gun owners involved in good shoots getting jacked up by the courts?

Langone's is a perfect example.... guy got strung out for MONTHS on something that basically had a textbook definition of a good shoot, with the victim of the attack as a functional witness. Yeah this isn't the "court" per se, but the DA and their bullshit is all part of the state's machine, too. I don't even want to know how much money he had to pay lawyers to be "in orbit" so that if the DA suddenly went full douchebag he would have legal defense ready for it.

Also Linda Hamilton may not have shot anyone (or even come close) but she got totally reamed by the courts, and shitty lawyers, too.

-Mike

Langone's is a perfect example.... guy got strung out for MONTHS on something that basically had a textbook definition of a good shoot, with the victim of the attack as a functional witness. Yeah this isn't the "court" per se, but the DA and their bullshit is all part of the state's machine, too. I don't even want to know how much money he had to pay lawyers to be "in orbit" so that if the DA suddenly went full douchebag he would have legal defense ready for it.

Also Linda Hamilton may not have shot anyone (or even come close) but she got totally reamed by the courts, and shitty lawyers, too.

-Mike

I think the Langone case is a bit of an enigma, due to the huge publicity it garnered. Everyone involved knew it was a good shoot, and ultimately ended up with no indictment. Im not saying its correct, but Langone didn't end up in court, he just ended up in limbo. Hopefully he didn't spend any money until it was needed, but its a shame he would have had to spend any.

Im not familiar with Hamilton, Ill look it up. I still don't think there are that many cases where people are getting jammed up, I think its more the fear and he said she said shit that makes people think they cant properly defend themselves or another person.

Ok I read up on the Hamilton case, and its not in the same ballpark. She was wrong, and the scenario completely different.

Last edited:
I think the Langone case is a bit of an enigma, due to the huge publicity it garnered. Everyone involved knew it was a good shoot, and ultimately ended up with no indictment. Im not saying its correct, but Langone didn't end up in court, he just ended up in limbo. Hopefully he didn't spend any money until it was needed, but its a shame he would have had to spend any.

Im not familiar with Hamilton, Ill look it up. I still don't think there are that many cases where people are getting jammed up, I think its more the fear and he said she said shit that makes people think they cant properly defend themselves or another person.

I generally agree with you that people worry way too much about negative legal outcomes WRT self defense. Particularly given that if you're not alive to end up in court or whatever the whole thing is kind of moot. If you really have to use a gun to defend yourself the last thing you're going to give a shit about is "what the state thinks about it". It's worth knowing how things work but getting wrapped up in it too much can compromise your safety by creating hesitation that shouldn't be there.

See also stuff like:

http://www.thegunzone.com/allthatlater.html

Ok I read up on the Hamilton case, and its not in the same ballpark. She was wrong, and the scenario completely different.

She was wrong (in the respect of probably wielding a firearm inappropriately) but she still got pretty much wrecked by the state over an action which was intended to be defensive more than some kind of malicious act. The state acts like this lady got into a road raging fest with a truck driver, but it's total crap. Hamiltons case is the ultimate "manufacturing a mountain out of a molehill". If it was any non ****ed up state, the judge would have told both parties to GTFO of the courtroom because it was all meaningless crap.

-Mike

I generally agree with you that people worry way too much about negative legal outcomes WRT self defense. Particularly given that if you're not alive to end up in court or whatever the whole thing is kind of moot. If you really have to use a gun to defend yourself the last thing you're going to give a shit about is "what the state thinks about it". It's worth knowing how things work but getting wrapped up in it too much can compromise your safety by creating hesitation that shouldn't be there.

See also stuff like:

http://www.thegunzone.com/allthatlater.html

She was wrong (in the respect of probably wielding a firearm inappropriately) but she still got pretty much wrecked by the state over an action which was intended to be defensive more than some kind of malicious act. The state acts like this lady got into a road raging fest with a truck driver, but it's total crap. Hamiltons case is the ultimate "manufacturing a mountain out of a molehill". If it was any non ****ed up state, the judge would have told both parties to GTFO of the courtroom because it was all meaningless crap.

-Mike

Its tough because Hamilton was 14 years ago too, so the info out there isn't awesome. We do have a few threads going here where a driver flashed his Roscoe at another motorist and was subsequently arrested etc. These are all based on road rage esque scenarios, and the consensus here is that PSGWSP, and of course the ubiquitous " NES screen name" comments.

Its possible a situation exists where a citizen can articulate the need to use deadly force while operating a motor vehicle against another individual operating a motor vehicle, but Hamiltons case was not it. I read an article where she is quoted saying its not against the law in this state to brandish a gun. I would have to say her intent wasn't so much defense at that point, it was more of a look what I got, get off my ass. I have to ask myself why didn't she just pull over and let the guy go by from the onset if she was in that much fear. I know theres no need to trample her grave here, but its an odd case.

Its tough because Hamilton was 14 years ago too, so the info out there isn't awesome. We do have a few threads going here where a driver flashed his Roscoe at another motorist and was subsequently arrested etc. These are all based on road rage esque scenarios, and the consensus here is that PSGWSP, and of course the ubiquitous " NES screen name" comments.

So just to be clear, by "Roscoe" you mean firearm right? Cuz sometimes I call my trouser titan Roscoe, and I would hate to think that I had to stop flashing it at other motorists. Nothing diffuses an angry driver quicker than pounding your dashboard with a billy club boner. They totally forget you just cut them off.

So just to be clear, by "Roscoe" you mean firearm right? Cuz sometimes I call my trouser titan Roscoe, and I would hate to think that I had to stop flashing it at other motorists. Nothing diffuses an angry driver quicker than pounding your dashboard with a billy club boner. They totally forget you just cut them off.

Just lift up your shirt and start rubbing your nips while licking your lips... ain't no one that wants to start trouble with you (though you may get a few guys phone numbers out of it)

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Dude, " Trouser Titan ". Gold Jerry, gold. Consider that stolen.

Its possible a situation exists where a citizen can articulate the need to use deadly force while operating a motor vehicle against another individual operating a motor vehicle, but Hamiltons case was not it. I read an article where she is quoted saying its not against the law in this state to brandish a gun. I would have to say her intent wasn't so much defense at that point, it was more of a look what I got, get off my ass. I have to ask myself why didn't she just pull over and let the guy go by from the onset if she was in that much fear. I know theres no need to trample her grave here, but its an odd case.

I agree that I would have just gotten the **** off the road, either via out accelerating the guy or dropping back, etc. Many, many moons ago I actually did have an 18 wheeler get pissed off at me for no apparent reason, maybe he thought I was using my Radio/CB to key over him or some crap like that (I had big, visible antennas on that car) guy started tailgating me and I couldn't drop back, I floored the piss out of my car, deeked between a few other cars and escaped unscathed. Was kinda funny "outrunning" an 18 wheeler with a 1989 ford tempo that only had 3 gears. [laugh]

-Mike

Here we go again, All the keyboard commandos with no training or experience telling everyone how it should have been done. Cop does anything and it is instantly and automatically bad.

Because we have more evidence of Eric Garners and Walter Scotts of the world dying at the cops' hands, and it's their word against a dead man's word. Now we're starting to get video proof that police aren't really the good guys, and statists still side with cops.

Walter Scott: Murder, on tape, and the cop only got fired. And you really wonder why we second guess every time the Ultimate Gang kills?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/09/us-usa-south-carolina-shooting-idUSKBN0MY28220150409

Back
Top Bottom