Kimber Manufacturing, a company that makes a variety of firearms and ammunition, is transitioning its corporate headquarters to Alabama

Reptile

NES Member
Kimber Manufacturing, a company that makes a variety of firearms and ammunition, is transitioning its corporate headquarters from New York to its facility in Troy, Alabama.

This makes sense, but what took so long?

The decision to change the location of the company’s headquarters was first announced last week, and much of the work has already been completed.
A release from the company notes that “leadership, R&D and manufacturing resources” are now in place at the 225,000 square-foot facility in Troy.
Kimber is now “adding staff across all departments” to complete the transition.
The gunmaker’s massive presence in the Wiregrass is still relatively new. Governor Kay Ivey first announced it in her state of the state address in 2018. At the time, it was described as a manufacturing capacity expansion, not a new headquarters, but the executives at Kimber appear to have grown fond of the Yellowhammer State.
The gunmaker was founded in Yonkers, New York, in 1979 and remained headquartered there until its recent transition to Alabama.
The company says it completed an exhaustive search for its new headquarters, and Troy stood out for its “proximity to top-tier engineering schools as well as gun- and business-friendly support from the city of Troy and the great state of Alabama.

I would be interested to know if they offered packages to move any of their employees down with them. or if they just dumped them. I love my Kimber, but personally it would disappoint me if the employees were not given an option to move with them.

Why on earth would you want to encourage New Yorkers, even those who work for a gun manufacturer to infiltrate Alabama and probably vote wrong? Now that Kimber is in America I may just buy one of their firearms.

Why on earth would you want to encourage New Yorkers, even those who work for a gun manufacturer to infiltrate Alabama and probably vote wrong? Now that Kimber is in America I may just buy one of their firearms.
My thoughts had nothing to do with politics. It has to do with a companies loyalty to its employees.

I’m sure they offered roles to high skill, high value employees. My old company bought a business in Troy 20 years ago. It’s the business center of L.A. (Lower Alabama) with super cheap land, hourly labor and business taxes. And close proximity to the redneck riviera (Destin, FL).

Good call on Kimber’s part. FUAC (and Chuckie)

Kimber Manufacturing, a company that makes a variety of firearms and ammunition, is transitioning its corporate headquarters from New York to its facility in Troy, Alabama.

This makes sense, but what took so long?

The decision to change the location of the company’s headquarters was first announced last week, and much of the work has already been completed.
A release from the company notes that “leadership, R&D and manufacturing resources” are now in place at the 225,000 square-foot facility in Troy.
Kimber is now “adding staff across all departments” to complete the transition.
The gunmaker’s massive presence in the Wiregrass is still relatively new. Governor Kay Ivey first announced it in her state of the state address in 2018. At the time, it was described as a manufacturing capacity expansion, not a new headquarters, but the executives at Kimber appear to have grown fond of the Yellowhammer State.
The gunmaker was founded in Yonkers, New York, in 1979 and remained headquartered there until its recent transition to Alabama.
The company says it completed an exhaustive search for its new headquarters, and Troy stood out for its “proximity to top-tier engineering schools as well as gun- and business-friendly support from the city of Troy and the great state of Alabama.

My home state! Wonderful news; made my day!

Back
Top Bottom