"Killy" a new word to add to official gun jargon

Reptile

NES Member
Killy : I have heard this word bantered around here.
It is not yet in the Urban Dictionary (or any other dictionary) regarding it's literary use in the firearms and gun enthusiast arena.
Somebody needs to compile a proper definition for submission to the Urban Dictionary.

To me "killy" may have some of these "evil features"...

tactical black
tactical rails of a firearm
a muzzle brake that has sharp points on it
a device placed on a muzzle with long spikes
a stock that is "aggressive" or pokey at the end
any magazine capable of holding more than 30 rounds (more than 10 rounds in Massachusetts)
certain products or accessories relating to "zombies". - neon green items are suspect
non standard selector switch designations - "SHTF" / dead rabbits
bayonets - including the short stubby little knife for the end of a Glock
combat cocks - http://www.originalsoegear.com/combatcocks/
holographic sights
lasers
silencers
treaded barrels
bright lights attached to firearms
flip up sights
stubby or angled grips under the for end of a firearm
tactical beards
shoulder thing that goes up

Opposites include:

Mass compliant / Massachusetts compliant / Ban compliant / loaded chamber indicator / pinned / neutered / deballed / politically correct / Obamanated

Killy is a good neologissm, IMO, for the use of those that understand it.

We, the Firearms Brain Trust, can use it in an ironic manner, (e.g. The Tacticool shottie is more killy than the Fudd gun) but I think that it will be stolen by the Antis, and used in a negative (and incorrect) manner. Soon, they will say, " The High Powered Glock Assault Weapon is more killy, and only the Police and Military sould have them, in their Arsenal."

We must use it, or lose it.

[laugh2]

Are we allowed to take offense if non-gunnies use it?

[video=youtube_share;0ZuC4MmMzcg]http://youtu.be/0ZuC4MmMzcg[/video]

Ok, so we got to get this on Urban Dictionary.

Somebody with literary expertise needs to draft a proper definition for our review.
Do it Webster like.

Killy - a term used by knowledgeable owners of modern designed rifles suitable for a number of purposes to include hunting and precision target shooting. The term is used in a mocking context to emphasize the uninformed and uneducated views of anti-gun fanatics that judge a rifle by what it looks like.

"The antis want to ban our killy black rifles again."

Feel free to massage that definition and add "sentences" to illustrate it's useage.

Last edited:
Let's play "wiki" here, taking what FreeWillie has drafted and tuning it until a certain defined point in time (I propose 1 week, 9/11, appropriately enough) when we'll take what we have and SEND IT to urban dictionary. I'm putting my suggested changes in bold red.

Killy - a term used by knowledgeable aficionados of firearms designed with modern features to be particularly suitable for a number of purposes to include hunting and precision target shooting. The term is used in a mocking context to emphasize the uninformed and uneducated views of anti-gun fanatics that judge a rifle by what it looks like.

Let's play "wiki" here, taking what FreeWillie has drafted and tuning it until a certain defined point in time (I propose 1 week, 9/11, appropriately enough) when we'll take what we have and SEND IT to urban dictionary. I'm putting my suggested changes in bold red.

Killy - a term used by knowledgeable aficionados of firearms designed with modern features to be particularly suitable for a number of purposes to include hunting and precision target shooting. The term is used in a mocking context to emphasize the uninformed and uneducated views of anti-gun fanatics that judge a firearm by what it looks like.

Excellent idea on the Wiki

Let's generalize it. It's not just rifles. Keep tweaking it folks.

Last edited:
I was in NJ when the nutjob opened fire in the supermarket.
I had a conversation about it with a local and I used that word.
He never heard it before and thought it was the funniest thing. [laugh]

But that is un-possible! You aren't supposed to have guns in NJ.

As to adding the word "killy", I think it's a great idea because it might help awaken even a few people that otherwise have no knowledge of guns to just how silly that whole AWB nonsense is.

Killy - a term used by knowledgeable aficionados of firearms designed with modern features to be particularly suitable for a number of purposes to include hunting and precision target shooting. The term is used in a mocking context to emphasize the uninformed and uneducated views of anti-gun fanatics that judge a rifle by what it looks like.

Very good definition, but the douche-bags over at wikipedia want everything neutral (Read: unless it is some liberal cause that THEY sanction, then neutrality goes out the preverbial window), so "uninformed and uneducated" would not cut the mustard . This might be a better place to post the above definition : http://conservapedia.com/Main_Page

Very good definition, but the douche-bags over at wikipedia want everything neutral (Read: unless it is some liberal cause that THEY sanction, then neutrality goes out the preverbial window), so "uninformed and uneducated" would not cut the mustard . This might be a better place to post the above definition : http://conservapedia.com/Main_Page

Okay then... let's keep tuning! Hope this is continuing to head in the right direction. I took all the red out due to the extensive modifications... feel free to "roll back" any of these changes and/or continue to modify!!

Killy - a term used by aficionados of firearms to describe weapons designed with modern features, optimized for accuracy, portability and lethality. Such weapons are particularly suited for their intended purposes, including hunting and precision target shooting. The term is frequently used in a mocking context by said aficionados to emphasize the negative emotional response the appearance of such features typically evokes from gun control advocates.

Okay then... let's keep tuning! Hope this is continuing to head in the right direction. I took all the red out due to the extensive modifications... feel free to "roll back" any of these changes and/or continue to modify!!

Killy - a term used by aficionados of firearms to describe weapons designed with modern features, optimized for accuracy, portability and lethality. Such weapons are particularly suited for their intended purposes, including hunting and precision target shooting. The term is frequently used in a mocking context by said aficionados to emphasize the negative emotional response the appearance of such features typically evokes from gun control advocates.

"The anti-gun lobbyists want to ban our killy black rifles again."

"Send it " [smile]

i typed up an email to Erin McKean over at wordnik.com (former editor of the new oxford english dictionary) and i clicked SEND IT

she's my homie, we go way back.... if i receive a reply worth noting i'll post it here, if i remember.....

ETA:

i did take out "..and lethality" though.... she lives in california....

Gotta get it into rap lyrics.

Sucka handed me a sawed-off
Naw, dogg.
I wanted me a long arm.
Somethin' killy I can haul off.

You know, only a little more ghetto.

You guys are good. The NES brain trust at work.

I glad you guys took the reigns on this.

As far as Urban Dictionary- I am hoping we can get Drgrant to submit the new definition.

How are we looking? I saw mention of wordnik, conservapedia and urban dictionary... Who will take ownership of submission to each and reporting back here with the results? I assume inerlogic has wordnik.

For the record, I believe this is our current verbiage:

Killy - adj. - a term used by aficionados of firearms to describe weapons designed with modern features, optimized for accuracy and portability. Such weapons are particularly suited for their intended purposes, including hunting and precision target shooting. The term is frequently used in a mocking context by said aficionados to emphasize the negative emotional response the appearance of such features typically evokes from gun control advocates.

Ex. "The anti-gun lobbyists want to ban our killy black rifles again."

Back
Top Bottom