• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Killer Second Amendment App for the iPhone

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
OK, now THIS just might get me to buy an iPhone.

iBearArms

There's an awesome writeup on it on a blog called GunHolsters.

With a clever name and a repository of government information about concealed carry laws, iBearArms has its sights set on becoming the mobile resource for gun owners on the go.

Updated last week, iBearArms offers information on state laws for concealed weapons and other helpful tidbits such as forbidden areas, permit costs as well as government maps, phone numbers and a FAQs section.

At a cost of $2.99, the app has been extraordinarily helpful to those whose states are covered, but has garnered some criticism for not covering all 50 states.

“I would easily pay 10 times the asking price if this application included all the states,” Zion8343 wrote on AppStoreHQ.com. “This app has the potential to be the definitive CCW firearms guide — especially since it takes the information directly from the state resources.”

Despite coverage setbacks, iBearArms appears to be gaining a lot of momentum. The application appeared in the top 100 paid apps this week — two months after its release!

The states covered by the app includes:

Alabama
Alaska
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Idaho
Illinois
Florida
Georgia
Michigan
North Carolina
Oregon
South Carolina
Utah
Virginia
Washington

ibeararms-concealed-weapon-iphone-app.jpg

The only thing I wonder about is whether Jim or Chris will download it first. [laugh] I'm betting it's gonna be Chris.

Note that MA is missing. Not enough memory in the iphone for the special expanded edition MA app. [laugh]

Go for the Utah non resident. That gives you 27 states. I went to Kittery Trading Post several weeks ago for the class. They also give you the forms for Pennsylvania, Florida, Maine and NH.
It is in the Training section, NRAclass.com Utah CCW.

Tommy

Last edited:
It's really a great app! I am in the process of moving the family out to Portland, OR and I have actually found this helpful in terms of getting through the first round of questions I had...

I've looked at it a couple of times but haven't bought it. I can't figure out where I'd use it since I understand what I can/cannot do here in CT already.

I suppose if I was on a road trip and visiting states that honored the CT license and I had a question... but since I'm fenced off by NY and MA, that's not likely to happen.

I've looked at it a couple of times but haven't bought it. I can't figure out where I'd use it since I understand what I can/cannot do here in CT already.

I suppose if I was on a road trip and visiting states that honored the CT license and I had a question... but since I'm fenced off by NY and MA, that's not likely to happen.

Keep in mind that FOPA lets you bring your gun through a state where you're not allowed to have it. As long as it's unloaded, in a locked case in the trunk, you're allowed to have it where your trip started, you're allowed to have it where your trip ends, and you don't stop (except what's necessary) in the states where you're not allowed to own it, you're good to pass through those states.

I hope so, Ive played with it a bit and it seems very intuitive and easy to use. Im sure Id always do a bit more research before I bet my LTC(s)/freedom on it as far as carrying in other states/bringing firearms there with me, but it seems like a good pocket reference.

Theres another app. also available

Legal Heat App

Photos: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3402579&id=158023157185

iPhone/iPod page http://www.utahlegalheat.com/?p=stateguidetofirearmlaws

"Legal Heat: 50 State Guide to Firearm Laws and Regulations is the only traveler's guide book on the market that was written and edited by experienced firearm instructors and attorneys. Legal Heat contains an overview of all 50 states' firearm laws, including prohibited areas and reciprocity information. It's a must have for any firearm owner that would like to safely, and legally, transport a firearm throughout this great nation."

Back
Top Bottom