• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Keep it or sell it

A buddy of mine is having some financial difficulty. This guy is the type of friend that will truly give you the shirt off of his back if you needed it. So when I found out about what was going on with him, I offered to help the guy out and purchase one of his pistols. I ended up with a gen 4 Glock 26. This guy loves his carry pistols, so there wasn't much choice in what to buy. The thing is, I already have a Springfield XDS (9mm), and a Glock 19. So I truly do not need another carry pistol.

Should I keep it or sell it? I know this is a personal thing to ask, but I am just looking to see how other people feel about it.

Let your friend borrow it til he can buy it back.

I'd turn it in at the next buy back program. We have to get these guns off the streets. By the way, I've been on a lot of streets and I've yet to see a gun laying on one of them, but evidently there are a bunch of them out there on the streets. None of them are on roads or avenues, just streets. It was on the news.

Keep it. The G26 was years ahead in the CC market. 10 rnd mags making it legal everywhere (except NYC, which limits to 7 rnds), and less than 1" thick. AND compatibility with all Glocks double stack mags. Until the P365 was unveiled, I thought the G26 was one of the best out there.

He's not the kind of guy to take a freebie. Offering to buy a pistol off of him was the only way to physically get him to take cash from me.

I suspected this....most of my friends are like this and wouldn't take charity.

However, if its his only carry piece, I would tell him that you feel better with it on his side, and would very bad if something happened to him or his family if he needed it. Beg him borrow it back. If not, then I would just put it in the safe and not shoot it and tell him anytime he wants it, to come get it, cash or not.

My dad did this for a friend at work who lost his LTC for a few years, the guy got his LTC back and paid my dad the same price he bought it for. My dad never touched the gun with exception of an occasional wipe down, and it stayed in his safe for 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom