Keene firearm prohibitionists/range fudd unhappy about planned build clinic

Woah, we found him, behold the FUDD king.. this guy definitely squats to piss:

But the man who canceled his range membership over the clinics said no one should have access to this type of firearm. He asked that The Sentinel not use his name for fear someone could retaliate against him for his complaints.
I mean, how many people would have quit the range in that timeframe. ANYBODY that is a member at that club knows who the jackass is.

And is probably muttering "well THAT figures..."

Eviscerates? Since when does a varmint round do more damage than a big game round? Instead of blaming the gun, how bout blaming the guy behind it you moron.

I get it dude, but building a PC as easy as it is is harder than building an AR. I guess I am just being unrealistic in thinking people buying just AR's parts to assemble have an IQ above 60 :)

Dude, you are protesting way too much.

Well I feel stupid now about saying it sounded good. I know nothing about indexing a barrel or setting the headspace. Putting together a lower is no problem since nothing needs to be measured for it to function safely. (guess I'm showing my ignorance)

For those of you who don’t know, I’m a chick. I did one of the saiga conversions in my garage with a dremel and a youtube video. I also went to the build party class for the aws ar10s several years back. There’s NOTHING wrong with going it alone or seeking help. I learned a lot about both platforms from both experiences and I don’t regret either. If you want to take a class, take the damn class and don’t look back.

For those of you who don’t know, I’m a chick. I did one of the saiga conversions in my garage with a dremel and a youtube video. I also went to the build party class for the aws ar10s several years back. There’s NOTHING wrong with going it alone or seeking help. I learned a lot about both platforms from both experiences and I don’t regret either. If you want to take a class, take the damn class and don’t look back.
Yep agreed. $800 all in to build your first AR is a good deal. If I was a NH resident I would go just to see what I could pickup and I have built a few already. Good opportunity to network also.

Wow, $800 to learn to put an AR together? Not sure what knowledge you would be gaining that couldn't be gained from watching one of the 1000's of books and online tutorials... Props to the guy that convinced people to pay him $800 for a class to build an AR, with knowledge lol Unless it comes with all the parts as part of the price, damn...
Yes, that was $800 for a full day class and to walk away with the rifle you built. There were of course upgrades to be had if you wanted a fancy coated bolt carrier or upgraded stock.

Well I feel stupid now about saying it sounded good. I know nothing about indexing a barrel or setting the headspace. Putting together a lower is no problem since nothing needs to be measured for it to function safely. (guess I'm showing my ignorance)
Other than a couple torque specs, there's no measuring on the upper, either. That said, as we discussed in another thread, there are things like greasing the barrel nut that many builders don't do because they don't see it called out. That step affects the final torque of that nut.

Students learn in different ways. Taking a class with a person means that person probably is providing the correct tools (reaction rod, action wrench, etc.) that make it possible to build the thing correctly.

Fit someone who doesn't already have a lot of tools at home, buying the AR specific kit in addition can add a lot to the cost of your first build. For example, a reaction rod costs about as much as this class.

Back
Top Bottom