Keene firearm prohibitionists/range fudd unhappy about planned build clinic

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Keene gun range to host 'build your own AR-15' classes, drawing some concern

Organizers of the classes say they will be educational and promote firearm safety. But others, including one former member of the range who resigned over the clinics, say their timing is tone deaf after another rash of mass shootings in the U.S. They were all carried out by people brandishing guns similar to the ones the classes will help attendees build.

But the man who canceled his range membership over the clinics said no one should have access to this type of firearm. He asked that The Sentinel not use his name for fear someone could retaliate against him for his complaints.

“They have the audacity to promote building the weapon that [expletive] killed those people,” he said, speaking on the recent mass shootings in Highland Park, Ill., and Uvalde, Texas. “No one needs a gun that eviscerates a body when it hits it. That weapon should be off the street, no one should have that.”

Yeah, or I mean you could watch a video on the internet. Pretty much the same thing…..

I am sure the Fudd doesn’t even exist. You would have to be a fool to believe any anonymous source in todays media. In fact you would have to be a fool to believe almost anything the media reports today.

Yeah, or I mean you could watch a video on the internet. Pretty much the same thing…..

I am sure the Fudd doesn’t even exist. You would have to be a fool to believe any anonymous source in todays media. In fact you would have to be a fool to believe almost anything the media reports today.
A bit of a risk to publish it was a range member who resigned if it was not since the club would easily be able to verify whether that happened at all.

That sounds like a fun day for those of us who have never built one. I would love to see something like that within an hrs drive here in MA. I'm guessing it's for NH residents only.

Ya. Most of my range buddies use the word "eviscerates" on the regular....No offense, range buddies.
Not sure what that’s supposed to mean. I used that word today and I have an ar or two. I got an email coupon for a new yardbird product - a poultry lung remover. And I bought it. It’s hardest part of eviscerating a chicken.

Yardbird Lung Remover

Not sure what that’s supposed to mean. I used that word today and I have an ar or two. I got an email coupon for a new yardbird product - a poultry lung remover. And I bought it. It’s hardest part of eviscerating a chicken.

Yardbird Lung Remover

Well, I for one am glad you made this evisceration proclamation. Up until now I thought lungs could only be removed by 9mm.

When they get caught in the CNN loop. When they are not blaming Trump for something. It is evil guns bad. Never thinking their bolt action rifles will be called sniper rifles when those evil looking ones are gone

The real question is why would a person pay to go to a class to learn to build an AR?

Suckers born every minute I guess.
ARs are self-explanatory, but some people learn better in groups and/or with direct guidance. I am all for the knowledge of assembling ARs being promulgated via build classes if that's what it takes.

ARs are self-explanatory, but some people learn better in groups and/or with direct guidance. I am all for the knowledge of assembling ARs being promulgated via build classes if that's what it takes.

Those same people would probably benefit more from a video(direct guidance) where you can stop and rewind as many times as you want without bothering everyone else in the class The only benefit of a class in this case is for the teacher charging each person for the class. :)

Those same people would probably benefit more from a video(direct guidance) where you can stop and rewind as many times as you want without bothering everyone else in the class The only benefit of a class in this case is for the teacher charging each person for the class. :)
Online videos have been a boon to home building, gunsmithing, and everything tangentially related. Everything I've learned related to AK building, which is more involved, has been from videos, manuals, forums, and other online resources, like Robert Forbus. Like it or not, Youtube has been the most prolific platform in that regard, but I have downloaded everything I have found useful to my NAS and cloud-stored elsewhere for safekeeping since YT is run by firearm prohibitionists.

The real question is why would a person pay to go to a class to learn to build an AR?

Suckers born every minute I guess.

I know a male person (notice I didn’t say man) who went to the local fire station when his first kid was born so that they could put his car seat in the back of his car properly.

We want more people involved, more people bearing, building and using arms - our RKBA.

But, then we shit on people who approach it differently then we might. Aren't all welcome?

Sometimes some people here sound just like the smug, liberal know it all upper class attitudes we hate, looking down our noses at others who don't meet our tough man "standards."

Anyone who is interested in touching, owning or building a gun should be welcomed, even if they need handholding which we ourselves would not - because we are tough know-it-alls.

We want more people involved, more people bearing, building and using arms - our RKBA.

But, then we shit on people who approach it differently then we might. Aren't all welcome?

Sometimes some people here sound just like the smug, liberal know it all upper class attitudes we hate, looking down our noses at others who don't meet our tough man "standards."

Anyone who is interested in touching, owning or building a gun should be welcomed, even if they need handholding which we ourselves would not - because we are tough know-it-alls.

Absolutely. I knew a woman who went to an AR build party. She wanted to do it herself but wasn't confident enough. She asked me to go with her so I did. I found it extremely interesting and I enjoyed helping some of the people there assemble an AR.

As a community we need to be willing to help new firearms owners. I ran into a guy at WSA a few weeks ago. He got his LTC, joined WSA and then went over to the Deli Ticket Emporium and picked up a cheap 9mm and some ammo. He came straight to the range and he didn't have a clue. I ended up stopping what I was doing and worked with the guy for an hour. If we want to expand our community we need to work at it. That means meeting people where they are at.

I know a male person (notice I didn’t say man) who went to the local fire station when his first kid was born so that they could put his car seat in the back of his car properly.

You can laugh at me but when my first granddaughter was born my wife went out and got a car seat. I had to assemble and install it in my wife's car. That was no where near as easy and obvious as one might expect.

Joe Biden suggested a double barreled shotgun, fired into the air, is enough to ward off all threats. The only thing he wants to eviscerate are his depends.

knowledge has value.. if you have a skill and wish to charge to pass that on, and actually make money on it.. long live capitalism..

I built my only AR with a buddy.. was nice to work thru any issues with another set of eyes.. I'm sure I could've done it alone, but it was more fun with a buddy.

Child car seats have gotten easier.. my kids used the ones where the seat belt went thru the back. Had to know to lock it in and tighten the belt. Now they are all LATCH.. where it clips to holders mounted to the vehicle.. not much to screw up there.

Back
Top Bottom