• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

K31 Basic Questions

I'm looking at getting my first K31, but don't know much about them. I'm interested in what to look for if I'm buying online. Besides aesthetics is there a big difference between Good/Very Good condition ones and the much higher priced ones? I'm just looking for an accurate shooter, so I don't care much about dings, carry wear, etc.

Obviously it's better to be able to check it out in person, but if I'm looking for one online is there anything to be looking for or questions I should ask the seller in particular?

Thanks for any info!
John

They're all pretty much the same with a nice stock w/out butt wear and a troop tag under the butt plate being the only real sought after standards.

Walnut stocks fetch a higher price because they usually look better.

I'll be listing one for sale soon. Do you have a C&R?

They're all pretty much the same with a nice stock w/out butt wear and a troop tag under the butt plate being the only real sought after standards.

I'll be listing one for sale soon. Do you have a C&R?

I do. Post or PM me details if you like, thanks.

All of them will have beat up stocks and worn finish but will be mechanically perfect

Except for mine, which looks almost brand new. The stock is in really good condition and the finish is 90% or better. It has no troop tag, so I wonder if was a spare rifle issued only when someone's regular piece was in for service? If they did such things.

I lucked out on this because I got mine in early 2006 from Samco. That was when they would sell to C&R holders in MA, which they don't do any longer. I think that this was when they were just starting to be imported and sold here .

Samco Global still has K31's for $189.00 in nice shape. Since you are from RI they will ship to you. Call and ask for Abda.

PS, They also have GP11 ammo also

Except for mine, which looks almost brand new. The stock is in really good condition and the finish is 90% or better. It has no troop tag, so I wonder if was a spare rifle issued only when someone's regular piece was in for service? If they did such things.

I lucked out on this because I got mine in early 2006 from Samco. That was when they would sell to C&R holders in MA, which they don't do any longer. I think that this was when they were just starting to be imported and sold here .

I called Samco years ago and asked if they had any K31s with tiger stripe wood grain and paid an extra $20 for one thats mint, stock and all.

Swiss rifles are great, especially if you research your tag (if it comes with one). I have a K11 with a tag under the butt plate. I'm guessing that soldier must be dead by now but I've heard of people contacting former K31 owners and getting goodies in return such as bayonets, cleaning kits, etc.

I called Samco years ago and asked if they had any K31s with tiger stripe wood grain and paid an extra $20 for one thats mint, stock and all.

Swiss rifles are great, especially if you research your tag (if it comes with one). I have a K11 with a tag under the butt plate. I'm guessing that soldier must be dead by now but I've heard of people contacting former K31 owners and getting goodies in return such as bayonets, cleaning kits, etc.

That is really, really cool- contacting the original owner.

Check XXXXXXXX as well. There have been a few a gun shows and local shops lately as well. Folks are either selling to raise much needed cash or are thinning the herd.

Also take a look at the older Swiss rifles as well. Same straight bolt system

Last edited by a moderator:
Check XXXXXXX as well. There have been a few a gun shows and local shops lately as well. Folks are either selling to raise much needed cash or are thinning the herd.

The actual Schmidt-Rubin action was used through the K11 carbine. The K31's bolt is actually a bit different and technically isn't considered a Schmidt-Rubin.

Last edited by a moderator:
There have been a few a gun shows and local shops lately as well. Folks are either selling to raise much needed cash or are thinning the herd.

CORRECTION, not the same bolt system...similar ...point was don't limit your search to just one type of Swiss.

A well known dealer has some Swiss rifles on sale as well. Carbines too.[smile]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom