K-Mart for Ammo and the like...

Ok, here's a question.

I know that when I was back in the Midwest and the South, we would go over to K-mart to pick up rounds and shells.

Does anyone know if K-mart around these parts carry those things?

I truely don't even know where a K-mart is located, but I figured that if anyone knew, you guys would.

When the KMart in Plymouth was open, they did have rifles and ammo. I think the closest to the So. Shore now is Braintree. Don't know if they have guns n ammo though.
Years ago, Woolworth's used to have great sales on guns n ammo.

I've rarely if ever seen any good deals on ammo at K-Mart, and what's there is often odd stuff (220 gr 30-06 loads). BUT, it would be smart to check out just what they have, since they may have changed their ways.

My Wife and I used to buy bricks of .22LR at K-Mart many years ago, when they would put them on sale.

Then they hired Rosy O'Donnell as their "mouthpiece" . . . you know, the one who wanted ALL LEGAL gun owners jailed! They did away with the guns in their stores. I don't recall seeing any ammo in the Braintree store the few times I've been in there over the past 5 years. I don't think they carry ammo, but can't say for certain. Then again they may still carry the stuff in other parts of the country. But I'd be shocked if they did in the MA area.

JonJ said:
When the KMart in Plymouth was open, they did have rifles and ammo. I think the closest to the So. Shore now is Braintree. Don't know if they have guns n ammo though.

Woolworth's [shock] [shock]

I can't tell you how long it's been since I've hear that store name...

C-pher said:
JonJ said:

Great store though, wasn't it [wink]

JonJ said:
C-pher said:
JonJ said:

Great store though, wasn't it [wink]

It sure was. I miss it (and yes, I'm old enough to have shopped there. :D ).

Nickle said:
The wife used to work at a Woolworth's.

And they had great prices on firearms and ammo. And decent choices as well.

Must have been the New England ones; the Woolworths in Fair Lawn, NJ NEVER had guns or ammo. I remember the store well.

It's a CVS now... *sigh*

Best thing about going to Woolworths was, my mom would set me at the bar to have a hot dog and a soda and she would do her shopping and after I ate I could check out the toy section. They had great hot dogs! And toy section! Oh the memories..............

Well, K-Mart still stocks ammo reguardless of the fat <censored>. It all depends on the area. I can attest that of 1 yr ago the K-Mart in Sault Ste Marie Michigan sold ammo and a small but respectable assortment of guns (actually had a better price for 10/22's than wally world)

There were several Woolworths in and around my town in the 40's-60's. I used to do all my Christmas shopping there as a small kid. My grandmother got lots of lace edged hankies for Christmas about every year... 10 cents each.

The one in Middleboro was open up to about '64. I used to stop at the soda fountain after high school.

None had guns that I remember.

Here's a shocker for you!

Back in the 1960s the Woolworth's in Downtown Boston had mil surplus rifles in barrels at the top of the escalator. I recall seeing M1 Carbines for less than $100, etc. Stupidly I looked at them and considered them "old junk".

They may have still sold guns/ammo in the late 1970s. I recall buying .22 rat shot for a varmint problem that I had to face when getting home from work and grad school one night. I think that I bought the ammo at Boston's Woolworth. If I'm wrong, then it was at Bob xxx (can't recall last name) also in Downtown Boston where I got the ammo.

LenS said:
Here's a shocker for you!

Back in the 1960s the Woolworth's in Downtown Boston had mil surplus rifles in barrels at the top of the escalator. I recall seeing M1 Carbines for less than $100, etc. Stupidly I looked at them and considered them "old junk".

They may have still sold guns/ammo in the late 1970s. I recall buying .22 rat shot for a varmint problem that I had to face when getting home from work and grad school one night. I think that I bought the ammo at Boston's Woolworth. If I'm wrong, then it was at Bob xxx (can't recall last name) also in Downtown Boston where I got the ammo.
My mom says the first date my dad took her on was to the burning dump/landfill to shoot rats! I have the rifle, an old Sears .22.

JonJ said:
My mom says the first date my dad took her on was to the burning dump/landfill to shoot rats! I have the rifle, an old Sears .22.

How cool! That explains your interest in guns! It's in your genes. [wink]

LenS said:
JonJ said:

How cool! That explains your interest in guns! It's in your genes. [wink]
Ya know, he wasn't a big gun guy. He only had the .22 and his Jap rifle that he brought home from Okinawa (that's him in my avitar) but he took us out at an early age with the .22 and taught us about gun safety and how to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom