just wondering

and this is more for our legal gurus.

But here is the deal...

My LTC-A is restricted.

My wife is about to get hers and we are hopeful that it will not be restricted, because she does transport cash for work and in Brockton, that seems to push it into the non restricted catagory (normally).

Now, moving on.

IF my wifes ltc gets restricted, do we have any recourse to force them to make it unrestricted? can we presure them to change that?

And as far as mine goes, I was told that the first one is always restricted and then the second one would be un restricted. again, if when i renew, if i get restricted... do i have recourse?

thanks for any info [smile]

the type of license you get usually depends on where you live and obviously if there is any infractions on your record but then usually if there are any infractions youre not getting a LTC at all. the part about the first license always being restricted is crap. I live in Franklin and getting my unrestricted LTC-A was honestly easier than getting my drivers license renewed, But the issuing officer in franklin is the deputy chief and he told me his view is he believes it is your right to own and carry unrestricted unless there is a strong enough reason in your record not to. So ultimately it is up to the issuing officer. As far as recourse goes if you go to fsguns.com there is a link to an attorney in framingham I believe his name is jesse cohen if I remember correctly. and as long as your willing to spend the time and money he'll pretty much get you what your looking for.

Matt, from a practical matter the judges have said "a LTC is a LTC, next case" when people tried to challenge the restrictions (in MGLs, chiefs discretion allows them to do whatever they want wrt restrictions). So for all intents and purposes, other than groveling on your knees or having serious political clout, the answer is no.

Restricted License

And as far as mine goes, I was told that the first one is always restricted and then the second one would be un restricted. again, if when i renew, if i get restricted... do i have recourse?
Yes, move.

Yes, move.

unfortunately, life is never that simple.

realestate is in the tiolet right now and my kids are in a great school that I would not want to take them out of, so even a move would have to be a close one.

and not sure how much that would cost me in the long run.

and this is more for our legal gurus.

But here is the deal...

My LTC-A is restricted.

My wife is about to get hers and we are hopeful that it will not be restricted, because she does transport cash for work and in Brockton, that seems to push it into the non restricted catagory (normally).

Now, moving on.

IF my wifes ltc gets restricted, do we have any recourse to force them to make it unrestricted? can we presure them to change that?

thanks for any info [smile]

poisonposey and I have a joke going right now. She put in her application this week for her ALP. When I got mine I got restricted, she keeps breaking my ball's that when hers comes in she will have no restriction's That would be a kick in the ass for me. I will be happy for her but the same time WTF, we live in the same house. It could happen.

I've always felt women are given preference for LTC-A, ALP. I see the reasoning in this to some extent. When it comes to self defense, most women are smaller and lighter than any attacker, and I think this goes in their favor when they apply for a permit to carry.

I agree with this policy as far as women go, but I wish men were treated the same way.

Matt, from a practical matter the judges have said "a LTC is a LTC, next case" when people tried to challenge the restrictions (in MGLs, chiefs discretion allows them to do whatever they want wrt restrictions). So for all intents and purposes, other than groveling on your knees or having serious political clout, the answer is no.

Len can you post or link me to the proper thread where the specific MGLs address this? TIA.

[grin]

Gabe,

Don't know if this will answer you or not. Don't have the URL handy, but here are some sections (typed verbatim from Ron Glidden's book).

MGL Ch. 140 S. 131 (a) (i) states ". . . subject to such restrictions relative to the possession, use or carrying of firearms as the licensing authority deems proper: . . ."

I've always felt women are given preference for LTC-A, ALP. I see the reasoning in this to some extent. When it comes to self defense, most women are smaller and lighter than any attacker, and I think this goes in their favor when they apply for a permit to carry.

I agree with this policy as far as women go, but I wish men were treated the same way.

I know of some chiefs who will NOT issue ALP to women, specifically because they are females and no other discernible reason seems evident. BTW: Keith Langer has dealt with at least one of those chiefs. [I know this is illegal, but without proof (and I don't have any either), it's damn near impossible to prosecute.]

Back
Top Bottom