Just walked with a knife into Boston PD HQ

The thing about a knife is you never run out of bullets. That 's why I always carry both.

*edit: But if you do carry a knife, please train with it. Like you do with your pistol.
I train more with my EDC knife, than any of my gats. There is NOT a box or sammich that can withstand my skill and fury.

What are the towns with"anti-knife ordinances"?
Lawrence, Worcester, Boston, Cambridge, Salem, Beverly, Lynn, New Bedford, and Fall River that I know of. Probably many more. Completely conceal your knife. Why take a chance? An exposed knife is an easy bust for a cop and a quick CORI record for the rest of us.

Lawrence, Worcester, Boston, Cambridge, Salem, Beverly, Lynn, New Bedford, and Fall River that I know of. Probably many more. Completely conceal your knife. Why take a chance? An exposed knife is an easy bust for a cop and a quick CORI record for the rest of us.

Not to be a D!ck, but I'd like at least one actual citation fora municipality other than Boston, Wormtown, or Salem. Those I know of.

I did a quick google search, and came up with vague refereneces on third-party fora. About the same validity as gunlaw info from a gun store clerk [laugh]

My son was told, by a co-worker, that it was illegal to wear a sheath knife in Southborough. I checked all the ordinances for the town. Nothing about knives, but it is unlawful to graze your animals in a public way.

ETA: I did some more poking around, and found you are at least partially correct: I didn't find anything Cambridge -specific.... It looks like the language is more-or-less copy and paste though New Bedford does have a length limit on Safety Pins (unless you're a laundry person).

Good to know.....bad that it has to be known.

Last edited:

Lol, in most of these towns it is a civil infrac, and Worcester and perhaps one other one has an LTC bypass which makes most of us exempt, anyways.

metal detectors at hospitals in Georgia ????

IIRC some of this stuff exists in MA, too, didn't someone say Umass Worcester or some other hospital had metal detectors going into the ER or something? I forget, offhand, but it seems familiar for some reason.

-Mike

Lol, in most of these towns it is a civil infrac, and Worcester and perhaps one other one has an LTC bypass which makes most of us exempt, anyways.
Arrestable offense in most of them. Saw the Lynn and Salem newspapers. People were actually taken into custody and criminally charged. That is why I removed the pocket clip and carry the 4" folder completely concealed. FWIW, I have FID. Can carry a rifle or shotgun but not a folding knife. Makes a lot of sense!

Arrestable offense in most of them. Saw the Lynn and Salem newspapers. People were actually taken into custody and criminally charged.

How can you criminally charge someone for a civil infraction? My guess is they're not being charged under
the knife ordinance, or the knife ordinance is a tack on in addition to some other crime.

Also if a LEO is measuring your knife (that's mostly hidden in your pocket) you likely already have bigger problems on the menu.

-Mike

Going into our Town Courthouse, the Sheriff‘s Deputy (old guy) said the Monkey’s Fist Keychain I had “was a weapon.” I said, I’ll trade you for that Glock 17.” He just laughed and said I could pick it up on the way out. Two armed Deputies in each courtroom, one front and one back. I might not have gotten away with my plans anyway...

Arrestable offense in most of them. Saw the Lynn and Salem newspapers. People were actually taken into custody and criminally charged. That is why I removed the pocket clip and carry the 4" folder completely concealed. FWIW, I have FID. Can carry a rifle or shotgun but not a folding knife. Makes a lot of sense!

If you're on a public way, it has to be cased, or you have to be lawfully participating in hunting.

I had jury duty 2 years ago and went in with a pistol. Guy went with me yo lock it up and gave me the key. I uploaded it and put it in there. If n the third day, he asked if he could try the trigger a few times ( unloaded).

Back
Top Bottom