Just shot an AR for the first time

I wish. My wife doesn't like guns. It's not that she thinks people shouldn't have them, she's just afraid of them. She also doesn't like loud noises (like fireworks) so I can't even convince her to come to the range and try out a .22. Just means more MAN time i guess, haha.

What state do you live in? If it's not MA, you have a great excuse to buy a suppressor for your 22.

Show her a GOAL or other group raffle where the first prize is an AR and tell her you're entering.

Wait X number of weeks

Tell her you won.

I hear that works [wink]

Just buy one, if She doesn't like it tell her to go pound sand.

Don't worry I'll visit you in the hospital. [smile][wink]

Last edited:
I'm thinking of playing the "investment" card.

I figure I could get an AR and plenty of ammo for about 175 shares of my Ford stock, which is feeling a bit bloated at the moment [wink].

I had to smack myself today when I started thinking about letting go of my Taylor 414ce. Will this addiction wear off after a while?

I had to smack myself today when I started thinking about letting go of my Taylor 414ce. Will this addiction wear off after a while?

Listen to me now...NO, it will not wear off.

BUT

and this is a big BUT, Guitars are like guns. You will be sorry if you sell it. Besides, a Taylor is a fine fine guitar. Please don't sell it. Thing is, AR's are like cars. Sure, they can be pretty and collectible and so forth. But, they're all pretty much what they are. Metal... Save up and buy a new or used one. Don't sell the Taylor. If it was a Yamaha or an Ibanez (Ibeenhad) or something like that I'd say go for it. But a Taylor...even a 400 model. Let's just say if it was a gun it would be a Colt and we'd be imploring you not to sell it (unless it's to one of us).

I got bit by the AR bug myself and all my wife knows is gun cases leave the house and gun cases come back to the house, she doesn't have to know the one you left with is empty.

And Remember: It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission.

I have told my wife all the guns in my gun safe are all loaded and I don't even have the safties on. Just trying to open the door could make one go off.

[rofl][rofl][laugh2] I betcha she believed every word. Only problem is she is gonna try to convince my wife that that is true and then my wife is gonna blow the whistle. Hell she is probably gonna ask me where her mother got such a silly idea.[laugh]

I was kidding...and totally serious at the same time.

AR off the shelf $900- unlimited
Custom U-Build $800 - unlimited

In all seriousness, John at Remsport, coincidentally the guy who posted below me, built my first AR and I treasure it. You can't go wrong with that route.

Finally, yes honesty is always better. But, if for one reason or another you've reached a point in your relationship where you've dispensed with it....then yes, the only real worry is the 25-50 feet between the front door and the safe. Once your in the safe, you're golden- they all look alike to ladies that don't shoot regularly. And, if they can tell the difference, chances are that they're not harrasing you about it except to say, "my turn!"

John built my lower as well and it is awesome and mated to a stag tactical lefty. I love it. Buying it in the components was pretty easy with the better half. 2 CC charges dont look as bad as one especially since the Stag Upper took a few months and was not billed till shipped. I was alway talking about getting an AR and one day out of the blue she just said why don't you just buy one. I have a keeper but she has no desire to shoot the rifle or handguns but thats ok. I don't like to golf and she does with her girlfriends. works for me.

Update: Just unloaded all my Ford stock. I sweetened the deal with my Wife by offering to build her a Bonsai work area in the basement. She's wavering, I can feel it.

[dance][dance][dance]

AR-15

So the question is: how do I buy one without my wife finding out? [laugh]

Seriously though, as soon as I fired the first shot, I was addicted. I'm in trouble.

PM me if you`re looking to buy an AR-15. I have a NES lower and a Bushmaster 20" fluted barrel and NM sights on the upper.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom