Just heard a story..Updated Post #7

No argument from me, consenting to a search is asinine.

A licensed gun owner with an unsecured gun in his home serves 6 months???? No ****ing way.

This past summer, while executing a search warrant, one of the patrol guys located an improperly stored pistol and rifle, owned by the properly licensed homeowner.
Homeowner was charged criminally with the 2 counts. Homeowner had no record.
This ended up at a clerks hearing (as it should have) at Stoughton District Court.
Homeowner kept LTC, and was able to get the 2 guns back.

Im not buying the story.

Yeah, but you deal with facts. Others make it up as they go.

Anyone ever find that "stolen" car?

Wait, so you place bets on stuff without having any details?
Joe has no record, according to the OP
Joes only crime is improper storage, according to the OP
You think its reasonable that Joe received 6 months to serve for not accepting a plea?

You actually are taking the OPs story at face value, arent you.

He needs to pull a Vincent on this guy...

GIMME ALL YA GOT!

(NSFW)

Last edited by a moderator:
wait, this isn't one of those epic troll threads?!

I'm placing bets on "someone making up a fun story to describe why he's prohibited, to cast myself as less of an jerk" instead of the truth. Not much different from the "I was cleaning the gun when it went off " excuse that's bogus 99 out of 100 times- a fable designed to dispel responsibility for someone's actions. It's almost human nature.

-Mike

I'm placing bets on "someone making up a fun story to describe why he's prohibited, to cast myself as less of an jerk" instead of the truth. Not much different from the "I was cleaning the gun when it went off " excuse that's bogus 99 out of 100 times- a fable designed to dispel responsibility for someone's actions. It's almost human nature.

-Mike

In my neighborhood growing up, a guy next door really did have his rifle go off while cleaning it. He was visibly cleaning it + obviously stupid.

The guy down the street who shot into the floor to get his druggie son to move out didn't have to make up a "cleaning it" story, because one of his other sons was a cop.

Yes, Joe is stupid for 1) Allowing a search and 2) living in MA.

How is it possible that stories like this don't immediately make the rest of you move out of that shithole?
Partly because this story is BS.
I'd give you a real story but my lawyer, who is WAY overdue to get back to me, probably wouldn't like me posting just yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Every town has a 'police blotter'. Let's see a copy! Redact the town and the name if you're so inclined.

It's more plausible that Joe was drinking at the time of his 'stop and question' than any of this other stuff.

if your buddy did time its over with just post some real details its not like the case is pending.

if your buddy did time its over with just post some real details its not like the case is pending.

These are all the details I have. I will/am trying to learn more details. I just have to get my buddy drunk and grill him for more details one of these nights. Really. Because the reason I even posted it here is that it terrified me. Even more reason in my mind not to tell anyone I own guns. And to hustle the gun in and out of the house when going hunting or to the range.

I don't doubt my buddy. One of the reasons he hunts with me and my buddies is that this guy "Joe" used to be his hunting buddy. Not any more as a PP.

This story is another reason why my buddy is SO scared of getting into any situation where he might have to raise his voice. He's a nervous nelly and terrified of new hunting grounds. Is scared of anyone getting mad at him.

These are all the details I have. I will/am trying to learn more details. I just have to get my buddy drunk and grill him for more details one of these nights. Really. Because the reason I even posted it here is that it terrified me. Even more reason in my mind not to tell anyone I own guns. And to hustle the gun in and out of the house when going hunting or to the range.

I don't doubt my buddy. One of the reasons he hunts with me and my buddies is that this guy "Joe" used to be his hunting buddy. Not any more as a PP.

This story is another reason why my buddy is SO scared of getting into any situation where he might have to raise his voice. He's a nervous nelly and terrified of new hunting grounds. Is scared of anyone getting mad at him.

By all means, get him drunk and then question him, because youre sure to get the true story that way. You wont even out the town this was supposed to have taken place in, so I for one wont be holding my breath

Your buddy is probably legit but let's put it this way, joe either lied to him or is being very, um, generous or taken great creative license with what actually happened. The story does not pass the sniff test. Some facts are clearly being omitted here, and if I was going to bet, it's some circumstance that makes joe look like a dipshit, but joe omits that part because he doesn't want to embarass himself in front of his friends or whatever. Getting your buddy drunk might not do a damned thing if joe lied to him about the details.

-Mike

I'm not picking a side here...but if someone called in and reported the gun wouldn't police get all of his information and put the screws to him to make sure they were getting the truth? With all the phone cams and video is it possible they had a video or a pic of this guy pointing a gun?

And yea....exercise your right to keep your mouth closed and never submit to a search....

Not a cop here but if they did search his car and found nothing it makes no sense to me for them to ask to search his home. Especially if they pulled him over shortly after the incident when he potentially had no chance to make it back to the house to stash something....

Back
Top Bottom