• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just gonna put this out there..1858

He must have a point. I just read a few major LEO agencies are dropping their Glocks for 1858's. Maybe he's on to something.
Well, Glock is re-releasing a 40 year old model.

I have been saying all long that smokeless powder is a passing fad.

Well, Glock is re-releasing a 40 year old model.

I have been saying all long that smokeless powder is a passing fad.
I'm wondering what a G0 would have looked like if Gaston was producing in the mid-1800's...

OP must have really enjoyed Idris Elba's firearms scenes in Dark Tower.

Advice, OP: nobody likes preachy zealots.

An Uberti 1858 in 44 was my first handgun, got it for my 10th birthday from my grandfather thats always gonna bring me way back. They shoot good and are good looking but man cleaning em always sucked. I'd hunt bunnies and squirrels and popped a woodchuck here and there.

I just picked up an 1858 Remington yesterday for under $100. It's an amazing looking piece of history. I imagine this will be put in a shadow box above my desk rather than actually firing it.

I have a friend who has a replica manufactured by Uberti. It was rather expensive compared with Pietta, but i've handled both models. The Uberti seems to be much higher quality in my opinion.

Attachments

• 0905201644.jpg
    0905201644.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 0905201646.jpg
    0905201646.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 29
10-15 yrs ago, there was a 75 in a gun case at Marlboro. No price so I assumed it was too high. Bumped into a buddy a few rows later. ‘I just missed a 75 Rem by one guy - the seller only wanted $800.”
still kicking myself. My conversion 58’s left me with my only clean match I ever had in SASS.

My friends, my friends, I have a problem I was hoping you could help me with. In my extra bathroom, the sink can make warm water. I find this completely racist and sexist. What I really need is a sink that can make only hot OR cold water. Warm water is a product of white privilage, an ugly mark forever reminding me and my family about the inequalities of modern plumbing. It is time to lead the world FORWARDS, to progress us into a new era! Surely, with all today's advanced technology, someone somewhere will hear my call and produce a sink that willl NEVER EVER trigger me with warm water ever again!

Pshaw.

You're not a REAL MAN, then.

I have spoken.[smile]

It has nothing to do with safety if that's your assumption (if i get it checked by a gunsmith, and am told its safe to fire, that's enough for me).

It has to do with the fact that this is the only blackpowder antique i own (well, the only one worth some $), and due to the fact that i'm a historian, i get irrationally protective and cautious with antiques in general.

I may be firing it once or twice eventually though JUST so i can say that i fired a piece of antique history.

It has nothing to do with safety if that's your assumption (if i get it checked by a gunsmith, and am told its safe to fire, that's enough for me).

It has to do with the fact that this is the only blackpowder antique i own (well, the only one worth some $), and due to the fact that i'm a historian, i get irrationally protective and cautious with antiques in general.

I may be firing it once or twice eventually though JUST so i can say that i fired a piece of antique history.

I know. I'm just joshin' with you.

I've got the full set of Webley service marks, the oldest of which dates from 1888. I fire it VERY sparingly, with Trail Boss. The Mk III and VI are the ones that get more action.

My friends, my friends, I have a problem I was hoping you could help me with. In my extra bathroom, the sink can make warm water. I find this completely racist and sexist. What I really need is a sink that can make only hot OR cold water. Warm water is a product of white privilage, an ugly mark forever reminding me and my family about the inequalities of modern plumbing. It is time to lead the world FORWARDS, to progress us into a new era! Surely, with all today's advanced technology, someone somewhere will hear my call and produce a sink that willl NEVER EVER trigger me with warm water ever again!

Don't you have that ass-backwards?? "Warm" or "room temperature" water is poor and having real COLD or HOT water is privilege.

As Steven Wright always said, though, "No matter what temperature a room is, it's always room temperature."

Bro. Bathrooms are racist, they are a product of white privilege. Better tear that sh*t down and dig a hole in the ground outside.

Back
Top Bottom