Just caused an ANTI to get an "F" on their paper (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A co-worker of mine is a part-time professor at a local college and he came in this morning to ask me "how is it OK for people in MA sell a gun person to person with no background checks?".
He expanded and told me that one of his students wrote his term paper (no idea if that is what it is called) on "background checks" and "loopholes" here in the Commonwealth.

I was kind enough to hand my co-worker, the professor, the GOAL flow chart that itemizes the hoops we jump through just to have a permit issued, then showed him the MIRCS EFA10 portal etc. and explained the process for person to person sales. I explained that MA is a "may issue" state as well.

I enjoyed knowing that this dope is hopefully going to get a little bit of extra scrutiny, hopefully a failing grade (fingers crossed).

Just wanted to share... silly moonbats.

Last edited:
Nicely done. I hope the moonbat gets slapped down hard. Probably too much to hope that this person learns something though.

i was diggin' the fact you were trying to set the record straight but then you lost me when you became vindictive towards the kid. there's too much of that already from the leftists who now jump around and hoot & holler at almost everything i believe in.

i was diggin' the fact you were trying to set the record straight but then you lost me when you became vindictive towards the kid. there's too much of that already from the leftists who now jump around and hoot & holler at almost everything i believe in.

Getting a passing grade on a term paper full of lies seems generous. While I don't want someone to fail, if you get a passing grade on a research paper which doesn't have researched facts....

So are you suggesting if this student does not give factual information he should get a medal and not be called out for his lack of validation of what he thinks are the facts....[thinking]

**** the left and to hell with them all. ****'em

Getting a passing grade on a term paper full of lies seems generous. While I don't want someone to fail, if you get a passing grade on a research paper which doesn't have researched facts....
I'm going to cut the student some slack. Yes, it's a term paper and should be well researched. However, the liberal community is so inbred that the sources the student is likely to use will be full of lies and twisted facts.

+1 to DONALDG-HOG.
For me this is the best post I've read today. He educated a liberal prof who has a lot of influence over young minds. That will make 100x more difference than us ranting among ourselves here.

Is it a journalism class, because if so you just got him an A++++

Nice job.

As for being vindictive to the little stain, eff him. How many leftists, students and teachers, will harass a student just for wearing a MAGA hat, or daring to think that the 2A is an individual right, or that they believe in Jesus Christ? I'm happy with these people having their hopes and dreams crushed - and if they can't take it, Home Depot sells razor blades by the hundred pack.

So are you suggesting if this student does not give factual information he should get a medal and not be called out for his lack of validation of what he thinks are the facts....[thinking]

Nice job OP. +1 with the above.

Nicely done. I hope the moonbat gets slapped down hard. Probably too much to hope that this person learns something though.

Their opinion on the RKBA probably wont change but hopefully they will learn to do better research.

Maybe the student used the GOAL flow chart to write the paper and the professor was skeptical because he couldn't find the loophole.

I'm going to cut the student some slack. Yes, it's a term paper and should be well researched. However, the liberal community is so inbred that the sources the student is likely to use will be full of lies and twisted facts.
Part of a college education is being able to do some basic research. This kid didn't just miss some little fact - his entire paper is centered around complete BS.

A co-worker of mine is a part-time professor at a local college and he came in this morning to ask me "how is it OK for people in MA sell a gun person to person with no background checks?".
He expanded and told me that one of his students wrote his term paper (no idea if that is what it is called) on "background checks" and "loopholes" here in the Commonwealth.

I was kind enough to hand my co-worker, the professor, the GOAL flow chart that itemizes the hoops we jump through just to have a permit issued, then showed him the MIRCS EFA10 portal etc. and explained the process for person to person sales. I explained that MA is a "may issue" state as well.

I enjoyed knowing that this dope is hopefully going to get a little bit of extra scrutiny, hopefully a failing grade (fingers crossed).

Just wanted to share... silly moonbats.

Just another liberal promulgating another liberal lie.
I had to sit in the statehouse in 2014 and listen to Coakley OUTRIGHT LIE about 'the gun show loophole' when she gave testimony. My head almost exploded.

I gave the same explanation to Carolyn Dykema when I visited her office on Beacon Hill, and she couldn't believe it until I gave her a printed copy of the law and connected her to the MIRCS portal on her PC

I completely agree with greencobra. I grew up in the Bible Belt South, but after living in other parts of the country and attending college outside of Chicago, my beliefs have changed where I think that freedom and liberty are not for me to judge as far as what is moral as long as no parties are unwillingly harmed. Kids these days CAN change their beliefs, they just need a good mentor, such as a good college professor who makes them THINK. I would give the student pointers after they submit their paper, then have them re-write the paper to show both sides of the argument and then have the student give their opinion as to which side of the argument they approve of. Then the professor can judge a real paper, and the student will learn something. If anything, it gets the student to think outside of their normal thinking, but the student doesn't have to change their beliefs. Also, it has the student start to question everything else they have been taught in life, which is what is good about college in general.

It is all a matter of semantics. It its true that there is no background check at the time of sale, however, that is irrelevant given the check to get an LTC and the instant revocation of the LTC is something uncool is added to one's background. So, the author could choose his words carefully and be both truthful and misleading at the same time.

Nice work by the OP. Fingerprints, Training Class, Extensive Background scrutiny, interview with LEOs and approval by COP, two non-familial letters of recommendation, up to 6 month waiting period and that is BEFORE anyone even steps into a gunshop to make their first purchase where they are subjected to further background checks each time. All to exercise a Constituionally Enumerated CIVIL RIGHT!

Imagine if the process to vote was that extensive!?!

It is all a matter of semantics. It its true that there is no background check at the time of sale, however, that is irrelevant given the check to get an LTC and the instant revocation of the LTC is something uncool is added to one's background. So, the author could choose his words carefully and be both truthful and misleading at the same time.

How is the MIRCS portal and eFA-10 system NOT a background check? It determines you've passed one to GET your LTC and that your LTC is valid in the eyes of the Commiewealth at the time of transaction

I completely agree with greencobra. I grew up in the Bible Belt South, but after living in other parts of the country and attending college outside of Chicago, my beliefs have changed where I think that freedom and liberty are not for me to judge as far as what is moral as long as no parties are unwillingly harmed. Kids these days CAN change their beliefs, they just need a good mentor, such as a good college professor who makes them THINK. I would give the student pointers after they submit their paper, then have them re-write the paper to show both sides of the argument and then have the student give their opinion as to which side of the argument they approve of. Then the professor can judge a real paper, and the student will learn something. If anything, it gets the student to think outside of their normal thinking, but the student doesn't have to change their beliefs. Also, it has the student start to question everything else they have been taught in life, which is what is good about college in general.

[rolleyes] I Still think good research habits up front will do the trick....

How is the MIRCS portal and eFA-10 system NOT a background check? It determines you've passed one to GET your LTC and that your LTC is valid in the eyes of the Commiewealth at the time of transaction
One can make the statement truthful by saying "Private individuals can sell guns to MA license holders without a background check at the time of the sale". My point is careful choice of wording can make a statement accurate, but misleading.

It's like when the Hildebeast says "nobody is trying to take your guns away" when working to pass legislation preventing you from buying of transferring a gun. Accurate, but misleading unless carefully parsed.

Last edited:

Wrong, see below.

You are correct. If LTC has been suspended/revoked/209A issued or "subsequent activity" (arrest reported to BOP) the eFA-10 transaction will not go thru.

One can make the statement truthful by saying "Private individuals can sell guns to MA license holders without a background check at the time of the sale". My point is careful choice of wording can make a statement accurate, but misleading.

It's like when the Hildebeast says "nobody is trying to take your guns away" when working to pass legislation preventing you from buying of transferring a gun. Accurate, but misleading unless carefully parsed.

Still wrong. See above. MIRCS is an "instant check" by the state. I will agree however that FTF does not check against NICS as that is only possible thru a licensed dealer.

Still wrong. See above. MIRCS is an "instant check" by the state. I will agree however that FTF does not check against NICS as that is only possible thru a licensed dealer.
Does MIRCS check the BOP, III, NICS, etc. every time an eFA10 is filed, or just is just verify the LTC is valid? This is a subtle but very real difference.

Going back and forth with Len on the finer points is good sport and a good way to get to the precise answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom