just bought a saiga 12 and could use sum knowledge on the gas settings and ammo

I use all kinds of loads in mine and never change the 1 setting. Don't change it unless you have a problem with FTF

and i bought military classic 7.62x39mm fmj's for my wasr-10 good ammo or bad ammo if bad y?

I've shot lots of different loads (only non corrosive) through my WASRr, and it has never had a problem. The Russian ammo just seems dirtier than something like Winchester.

I use all kinds of loads in mine and never change the 1 setting. Don't change it unless you have a problem with FTF

This. Leave it on setting 1 until you have a problem. Mine has eaten everything I've ever fed it and I don't clean it either.

i read somewhere online that setting 1 is for the heavy loads and setting 2 is for lighter loads can i get some education on that please

and i bought military classic 7.62x39mm fmj's for my wasr-10 good ammo or bad ammo if bad y?

The 1 & 2 settings is the recoil adjustment on the gas piston,the factory #1 setting as earlier stated should suffice
Stick with decent quality slugs & buck in the S-12
Avoid low brass birdshot loads. (i.e. winchester value-pac 7 1/2 sporting loads)

your WASR will digest anything,especially the steel cased ammo.

Last edited:
If you have issues with low brass...pop out your puck and see if you ended up getting a vodka special...you should have 4 holes and not 2..if it's 2 send it in for warranty work.

I've shot boxes and boxes of this stuff on setting 1 without any issues at all. I even did a round of trap with my 19" Saiga-12.

The only issues I have personally experienced with my S-12 feeding/FTE was sporatic, and only happened with cheepo skeet /birdshot loads.
Maybee my saiga is Finicky [hmmm]

The only issues I have personally experienced with my S-12 feeding/FTE was sporatic, and only happened with cheepo skeet /birdshot loads.
Maybee my saiga is Finicky [hmmm]

I've heard this happening with some and not others, I honestly think I got a really good one. If you're getting an FTE with low-brass try setting it on setting 2. Or if you can afford it shoot only hi-brass slugs and buck [grin]

Back
Top Bottom