Judge Dredd, yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've clearly stated that you find no fault with the officer's actions.

I find the actions depicted in the video despicable. Your speculation that she might have been turning toward him is no more solid than other speculation that he jumped on her hood to shoot her.

The reaction was out of proportion.

The M/O was a comment on your tactics of beating the dead horse.

Last edited:
He stated that he can not definitively find fault with the officers actions... big difference.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

He stated that he can not definitively find fault with the officers actions... big difference.

I guess you missed the part where he says the girl was turning the car into him.

And I do find fault. It was, as I said, out of proportion. If a kid steals a candy bar you don't whack off his arm with a machete.

I guess you missed the part where he says the girl was turning the car into him.

And I do find fault. It was, as I said, out of proportion. If a kid steals a candy bar you don't whack off his arm with a machete.

As I said before, I guess you didn't read the thread. How would I know if the girl was turning her car into him? I can't see what happened off camera. I was presenting one of MANY possible scenarios that could have occurred. However, I don't know if they did because WE CAN'T SEE IT.

You know what?

Martlet tactics win the day again. He can beat his horse all night long until he get's this thread closed like so many of his other battlegrounds.

I'm walking the dog, taking a squirt and going to bed.

Take care...

You know what?

Martlet tactics win the day again. He can beat his horse all night long until he get's this thread closed like so many of his other battlegrounds.

I'm walking the dog, taking a squirt and going to bed.

Take care...

Projection. It takes two to tango.

And given the relative position, it would have hit the cruiser.

Geometry and Physics escaping you today?

Really? How far off camera did the shooting occur? You can't tell because it's OFF CAMERA. How far would he have had to run to get in front of the moving car to get hit or jump on the hood? Did he do it from the side? Were they past the cruiser? He wasn't near the front of the car as it passed from view. You should have watched the video.

We don't know.

Really? How far off camera did the shooting occur? You can't tell because it's OFF CAMERA. How far would he have had to run to get in front of the moving car to get hit or jump on the hood? Did he do it from the side? Were they past the cruiser? He wasn't near the front of the car as it passed from view. You should have watched the video.

We don't know.

Really you just admitted that he wasn't near the front of the car before it exits the camera's view. Therefore, the officer HAD to place himself in harms way. I did watch the video as did you. The difference is that you feel it is acceptable to shoot someone for a minor traffic violation.

I ask again is it physics or geometry that you have issues with when attempting to logically analyse the situation?

Really you just admitted that he wasn't near the front of the car before it exits the camera's view. Therefore, the officer HAD to place himself in harms way. I did watch the video as did you. The difference is that you feel it is acceptable to shoot someone for a minor traffic violation.

I ask again is it physics or geometry that you have issues with when attempting to logically analyse the situation?

Minor traffic violation? How do you know that? As I said before, I don't know what happened off camera. Neither do you. The difference is, you don't care. You want an excuse to denounce police, and scream for them to be stacked like cordwood. Me? I'd rather get a few facts before I call for someone's head. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good mob roast, though.

Based on that video, the only thing that could have justified that shooting is if the driver pulled a gun or a weapon of some sort on the cop. There is no mention of a gun or any type of weapon. So IMO that cop just murdered a girl. The shooting happened very quickly after they were out of camera shot. I can't see a reason to shoot her.

Minor traffic violation? How do you know that? As I said before, I don't know what happened off camera. Neither do you. The difference is, you don't care. You want an excuse to denounce police, and scream for them to be stacked like cordwood. Me? I'd rather get a few facts before I call for someone's head. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good mob roast, though.

Failure to stop is a minor traffic violation - can you ascertain anything else from the video? The officer was speaking to the occupants of a different vehicle just before she leaves the area so he has little to no time to inspect for anything else. He made an undisputed descision to question her (well within his authority). She then failed to stop. That is when the officer chased down her vehicle and placed himself into it's path.

You continue to claim I am asking to "stack them like corwood" and you are wrong in that. But being wrong has not deterred your logic flow up to this point so why start now.
Given the speed of events leading up to the shots, the officer had alreadly drawn his weapon on the way to the front of the car and most probably drew down on the driver. Given her previous actions of failinig to stop, she probably panicked when threatened with lethal force from the officer and bumped him. Or the officer may have simply rounded the front of a moving vehicle too quickly for the driver to react and stop and therefore he was hit. Either way the action of the officer is what placed him in danger warrenting lethal force not any action from the driver. He had clear view of her face and, if he waited, a clear view of her license plate. Dash cam video made it entirely clear that she had failed to stop so getting her picked up safely by another officer was the clear choice for anyone acting prudently. However, the officer in question clearly did not act prudently and a death resulted from it.

You are looking only at the moment the officer pulled the trigger as evidence of justifiable cause, I am looking at the contributing factors that lead up to that time and what the average person acting prudently would advise the correct course of action should be.

Failure to stop is a minor traffic violation - can you ascertain anything else from the video?

No, because as I've stated REPEATEDLY, Ramsey wasn't shot on video. The Deputy wasn't preparing to use deadly force on video. You can't ascertain much from the video because the event doesn't happen on it. It's like watching season 1 of GoT and speculating what happens in season 2.

Here's the full dash cam video, and a little background on the event, Ramsey, and at least one of her passengers.

http://www.webpronews.com/samantha-ramsay-19-shot-dead-by-kentucky-deputy-2014-04

Last edited:
Jesus that statement reads like that TV show SVU-special victims unit. Trumped up drama.

OR, it could be the God's honest truth.

Could be. Could not be.

The author writes like a child, which doesn't lend a lot of credibility to the case...

At any rate, it all hinges on the claim that she lunged the car at him, so it is a case of He said, She dead.

No, the car hadn't even completely crossed the yellow. Is it physics or geometry you're having trouble with?

When the officer 'knocked on the window' per his own admission the car was just exiting the FOV of the dash cam. I had noted this contact as the officer touching the A-pillar as the car exited the FOV of the dash cam. So it had crossed the yellow line and almost completed the turn unless the dead girl had a Subaru with 4 wheel steering (cars rotate around the rear axle).

You still assert that the officers actions had nothing to do with placing himself in harms way and place complete blame on the dead girl. My assertion is that the officer shares responcibility as he, the one trained and experienced in high stress situations, failed to use basic cautions in keeping himeself safe. Had he simply noted the license plate and called to one of the other officers on scene (per his report there were several) she would have been picked up quickly and safely

When the officer 'knocked on the window' per his own admission the car was just exiting the FOV of the dash cam. I had noted this contact as the officer touching the A-pillar as the car exited the FOV of the dash cam. So it had crossed the yellow line and almost completed the turn unless the dead girl had a Subaru with 4 wheel steering (cars rotate around the rear axle).

You still assert that the officers actions had nothing to do with placing himself in harms way and place complete blame on the dead girl. My assertion is that the officer shares responcibility as he, the one trained and experienced in high stress situations, failed to use basic cautions in keeping himeself safe. Had he simply noted the license plate and called to one of the other officers on scene (per his report there were several) she would have been picked up quickly and safely

I get it. You don't understand the basic english I've used.

I've "asserted" nothing except I, you, nor anyone else who only watched the video, doesn't have have enough information to definitively call the officer a murderer or say he acted illegally. Period. You can continue to attempt to claim otherwise, but you'd continue to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom