Joint registration on firearms

Quick question, the wife and I where talking and she brought up what would happen if she had use my pistol in an emergency that is not registered to her? Even though she has a LTC-A ALP.. Can you have Joint registration one a single firearm? Thanks in advance!!

...what would happen if she had use my pistol in an emergency that is not registered to her?

Nothing, firearms aren't "registered" in MA in that sense.

As MisterHappy stated, only transfers of ownership are recorded.

Any appropriately licensed individual can possess another individual's firearm.

Can you have Joint registration one a single firearm?

No.

Your wife can use your firearm,if A. she has a licence for that type of firearm, and B. you let her use it.

Your wife can use your firearm,if A. she has a licence for that type of firearm, and B. you let her use it.

I'm not sure the regs but i thought it said something along the lines of "you can loan a firearms to a licensed person for everything except concealed carry". I could be mistaken tho.

I'm not sure the regs but i thought it said something along the lines of "you can loan a firearms to a licensed person for everything except concealed carry". I could be mistaken tho.

Wrong . . . assuming that the loan is within the same state. Rob and I have gone around a few times and there is the possibility that Fed law would prohibit any loan across state lines for any purpose other than "sporting purposes".

Wrong . . . assuming that the loan is within the same state. Rob and I have gone around a few times and there is the possibility that Fed law would prohibit any loan across state lines for any purpose other than "sporting purposes".

Ahhh ok. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom