John Cornyn Introduces National Concealed Carry Reciprocity in Senate

Reptile

NES Member
Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) introduced national reciprocity legislation for concealed carry in the Senate on Thursday.

The NRA-backed bill would treat concealed carry licenses like driver’s licenses, ensuring permit holders could drive state-to-state and have their concealed permit recognized as valid.

Cornyn released a statement coinciding with the introduction of the legislation, saying, “This bill focuses on two of our country’s most fundamental constitutional protections — the Second Amendment’s right of citizens to keep and bear arms and the Tenth Amendment’s right of states to make laws best-suited for their residents. I look forward to working with my colleagues to advance this important legislation for law-abiding gun owners nationwide.”

Breitbart News noted Rep. Richard Hudson (R-NC) introduced national reciprocity legislation in the House on January 4, 2021.

Hudson’s legislation, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act (HR38), treats concealed carry licenses like driver’s licenses as well, recognizing the license from one state as valid in the other 49.

Hudson released a statement upon introducing HR38:

Our Second Amendment rights do not disappear when we cross state lines, and H.R. 38 guarantees that. The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2021 is a common sense solution to provide law-abiding citizens the right to conceal carry and travel freely between states without worrying about conflicting state codes or onerous civil suits.

“I am especially proud to have such widespread and bipartisan support for this measure and will work with my colleagues to get this legislation over the finish line,” he concluded.
AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and the writer/curator of Down Range with AWR Hawkins, a weekly newsletter focused on all things Second Amendment. He is the political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at [email protected]. Sign up to get Down Range at breitbart.com/downrange.

If you read between the lines, and some of the exact language, they dismantle a lot of anti arguments.

my wife was walking to today no mask and someone karened her because the town they were in still requires outdoor mask. Her reply is ‘I’m just following the science’ reminds me of the language in this bill.

It doesn’t say you need a license to own a gun. Just to travel armed based on requirement of your state.

That puts no additional burden on places like NH. You’d just need a NH permit to be covered elsewhere, which actually expands your rights. Etc etc.

E: and I understand it’s mental masturbation but it will hurt dem legislation efforts.

Putting on my “question everything” hat, this seems like it would hasten along required licensing in states like NH that don’t currently require licenses.

Perhaps “optional” at first, but required for interstate carry.

Licensing where is there is none today of course is one way to find out WHO has guns. So those bent on tyranny know WHO to take them away from.

Barry’s national police force would certainly make this Job 1

Putting on my “question everything” hat, this seems like it would hasten along required licensing in states like NH that don’t currently require licenses.

Licensing where is there is none today of course is one way to find out WHO has guns. So those bent on tyranny know WHO to take them away from.

I agree that It should have been introduced 4 Years ago. Along with the Hearing Protection Act.

But still, $10 and up to 14 day wait? That is why I still have mine, Plus the Gun Free School Zone Exception.

Malodave

Just for show. He knows it cannot pass now. They all are the enemies, just a different color cogs in the same machine.
Its like pro wrestling. They each have their fan base they pander to. They make a big show of yelling and screaming at their opponents in front of the crowd, pretending to hurt each other. At the end of the night, theyre both back stage sharing a drink, smoking cigars and counting money together.

Cool... where was this a couple years ago when the Republicans controlled the Senate?

This isn't going anywhere.
It was passed by the senate in the first 2 years of Trump in a bill combined with the Fix NICS, but never voted on in the house, even though Reps controlled that as well.
If you read between the lines, and some of the exact language, they dismantle a lot of anti arguments.

my wife was walking to today no mask and someone karened her because the town they were in still requires outdoor mask. Her reply is ‘I’m just following the science’ reminds me of the language in this bill.

It doesn’t say you need a license to own a gun. Just to travel armed based on requirement of your state.

That puts no additional burden on places like NH. You’d just need a NH permit to be covered elsewhere, which actually expands your rights. Etc etc.

E: and I understand it’s mental masturbation but it will hurt dem legislation efforts.

See bolded parts.
Incorrect, the bill specifically allows the inclusion of states that do not require a permit, from the Bill "or is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides," You do still need "commonly accepted" ID, such as a DL, but if you reside in a Constitutional Carry state, you're good to go.

But it's not going to happen. It didn't happen when the Reps controlled all three branches, it sure as sh@t isn't going to happen now. But it could be used as a negotiation point when/if the Dems put something out there.

Cool... where was this a couple years ago when the Republicans controlled the Senate?

This isn't going anywhere.

It is 100% DOA now, but if we are going to be fair he did sponsor the same thing when the republicans had control of the entire government, they just didn't do anything to actually have it pass.

This bill will receive the Guinness World Record for the most times a bill was submitted but never passed before it is even considered to get passed. Any reciprocity, if it ever happens, will be the will of the USSC, not Congress.

National reprocety a great way to force shitty states to let people carry. The problem is you still have to comply with their stupid weapons laws. Constitutional carry is the only way to go.
Otherwise permit to vote, permit to pray,Permit to prevent unlawful search and seizure, permit to keep them from garrisoning troops in your house,Permit for abortion, permit to not be a slave. So on so forth

National reprocety a great way to force shitty states to let people carry. The problem is you still have to comply with their stupid weapons laws. Constitutional carry is the only way to go.
Otherwise permit to vote, permit to pray,Permit to prevent unlawful search and seizure, permit to keep them from garrisoning troops in your house,Permit for abortion, permit to not be a slave. So on so forth
Or. Join the Democrat Party. No permits for anything needed. Ever.

Back
Top Bottom