• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Joe Horn cleared by grand jury in Pasadena shootings

Fair enough.

1) I have firearms for target, sporting and hunting and realize that with the exception of a .22, they may all be used for self defense in the home. When in the streets I carry daily -like a Mastercard; I dont leave home without it.

2) The definitions of legally appropriate may not matter at the moment that I am forced to use a firearm. :) I'm saying that I would of course utilize my grey matter prior to deadly force, but in the end of the situation my family and I are going home that day/evening and I cant say such for the aggressor.
Stupid games -> Stupid prizes.

3) Yes, bearing a firearm, just like driving a car demand 1) great responsibility and 2) the knowledge of liability, not just in a legal sense, of their use and misuse.

Then I don't see where we disagree.

I personally am glad that a couple illegal immigrant, thieving pieces of shit got shot and killed. I also really don't care how they got killed, whether it was shot it the back or stabbed with a can opener. I'm glad they got caught, and glad they won't be able to commit any more crimes. If the laws in all 50 states supported such actions there would be less crime, or perhaps more dead criminals. Either way overall crime would be reduced.

I personally am glad that a couple illegal immigrant, thieving pieces of shit got shot and killed. I also really don't care how they got killed, whether it was shot it the back or stabbed with a can opener. I'm glad they got caught, and glad they won't be able to commit any more crimes. If the laws in all 50 states supported such actions there would be less crime, or perhaps more dead criminals. Either way overall crime would be reduced.

Ayup.

Agree to disagree. Reguardless of the outcome those two won't be down for breakfast any time soon. I'm with Martlet on this one. [horse] Some of us would do the same thing, some not. Depends on neighbors.

I guess a lot of people like to talk big about how something must be done about crime, then now that someone DOES something about it we get all this handwringing.

Jose, methinks you dodged Clintonus's question. [wink]

People also talk big about what they are going to do if the s**t hits the fan, but nobody really knows until they are in the situation where deadly force becomes an option. Fight or Flight Syndrome frequently overrides training with flight becomes the option and common sense goes south.

I find it interesting that when philosophical questions are raised about Horn's actions, those posters are immediately shot down by a vocal minority who question all kinds of things about the persons character, courage, fidelity and even disparaging remarks about what state they might live in. This strikes me as mighty queer, mighty queer because this forum thrives on philosophical discussion, what -if's and maybes.

No one is questioning Horn's legal right here, and frankly having a candid and hopefully not hostile discussion is important. Nothing much in this world is cut and dried, and it is important to have a healthy and candid debate.

The simple fact is that there are a lot of people who simply feel that taking a human life is not worth a stolen televison set. You are not going to change their minds anymore than they are going to change yours. [horse]

Respectfully,

Mark L.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom